Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I remove the vacuum hose from the brake booster to replace it, do I need to do anything to "re-pressurize" the system? Or is it a "closed" system until the engine is started and the brake pedal is depressed?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
No, you don't need to do anything. As soon as you start the engine, you'll get inlet manifold depression. Don't worry, it doesn't need pills!! - it's normal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a video kinda girl but I am working on the DIY. Trying to figure out if I can save in .pdf since I really hate when the photo links disappear on older DIYs

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Not a video kinda girl but I am working on the DIY. Trying to figure out if I can save in .pdf since I really hate when the photo links disappear on older DIYs
Did you manage to replace the broken plastic connector? If so, can you tell us how you removed it?! :D

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Create the word doc diy with photos
save as "pdf"

done :) ty

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For all of the hair pulling on my end, the yellow connector piece was very easy to remove. I had read on another forum to use a wood screw to "gently" grip into the yellow piece, then use the wood screw and lubricant to work it out. Used a 3/8 x 3" wood screw from Home Depot. Worked like a charm. Did not even need the lubricant. I pulled just a little to see if I had gotten a grip on the piece with the threads of the screw it is slipped right out.

The cap with the two tabs that I shattered into a million pieces (before I knew what I was doing) just popped back on the remaining cage piece with just a little push and a click.

The guys a mymercedesparts.com were awesome. I was concerned that the hose was just the hose and not the connector. Confirmed that hose did have the connector and they also helped me figure out that I only needed the cap and not the cage and the o-ring. Saved me $6 in parts. Really cool of them.

Write up coming soon with photos.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The DIY for this has been posted to the R170 DIY thread. If you guys notice any issues that need correction or clarification, just let me know. I will correct the document and re-post. Thanks again to all those that helped me get the info I needed to get the job done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.