Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I remove the vacuum hose from the brake booster to replace it, do I need to do anything to "re-pressurize" the system? Or is it a "closed" system until the engine is started and the brake pedal is depressed?
 

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
Joined
·
17,375 Posts
No, you don't need to do anything. As soon as you start the engine, you'll get inlet manifold depression. Don't worry, it doesn't need pills!! - it's normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a video kinda girl but I am working on the DIY. Trying to figure out if I can save in .pdf since I really hate when the photo links disappear on older DIYs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
Not a video kinda girl but I am working on the DIY. Trying to figure out if I can save in .pdf since I really hate when the photo links disappear on older DIYs
Did you manage to replace the broken plastic connector? If so, can you tell us how you removed it?! :D
 

·
Minion
Joined
·
5,602 Posts
Not a video kinda girl but I am working on the DIY. Trying to figure out if I can save in .pdf since I really hate when the photo links disappear on older DIYs
Create the word doc diy with photos
save as "pdf"

done :) ty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For all of the hair pulling on my end, the yellow connector piece was very easy to remove. I had read on another forum to use a wood screw to "gently" grip into the yellow piece, then use the wood screw and lubricant to work it out. Used a 3/8 x 3" wood screw from Home Depot. Worked like a charm. Did not even need the lubricant. I pulled just a little to see if I had gotten a grip on the piece with the threads of the screw it is slipped right out.

The cap with the two tabs that I shattered into a million pieces (before I knew what I was doing) just popped back on the remaining cage piece with just a little push and a click.

The guys a mymercedesparts.com were awesome. I was concerned that the hose was just the hose and not the connector. Confirmed that hose did have the connector and they also helped me figure out that I only needed the cap and not the cage and the o-ring. Saved me $6 in parts. Really cool of them.

Write up coming soon with photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The DIY for this has been posted to the R170 DIY thread. If you guys notice any issues that need correction or clarification, just let me know. I will correct the document and re-post. Thanks again to all those that helped me get the info I needed to get the job done.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top