Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all at last iv found a site suited to me i have a 01 slk 230 and the yellow warning light came on a couple of times yesterday it looks like a fuel tank with a wave going through it and a filler neck and side pipe iv checked oil and coolant all seems ok it on the left side of steering wheel any ideas what caused it to come on many thx brad

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
97,481 Posts
brad do you have a manual? and do you need to know what the warning means?

·
97,481 Posts
by his description i would say the low coolant picture

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I'd agree Jeff - was trying to remember what it looked like on the C class and that's the only one that really makes sense.

·
97,481 Posts
maybe brad will updte his profile soon?

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
If your level is full, could it be a faulty sensor?

Just curious...when it came on were you stopped or driving, making a turn left or right?

Just trying to get more info for an educated guess.

In the U.S. we have AutoZone parts stores that will do a free code check. Maybe you can find a place to get the codes checked for free. If not, then I would head to the dealer for a code check.

And oh yeah, Welcome to the site. :biglaugh:
Were all a bunch of freindly folks around here. We may not know the answers to your questions but we will still want to welcome you to the site.:rb

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome Brad.

So, you've checked the coolant level, and it's ok?
According to the owners manual....

"If the coolant level is correct, the radiator fan is faulty.
If the coolant temperature is below 125 deg C, drive on to the next Mercedes-Benz Service Station".

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx for replys although i said coolant level was fine id checked it when car was warm having since checked when cold found the level to be below min level have since topped up with new coolant and all seems fine now will keep an eye on it many thx guys the one who put the picture of all warning lights many thx most helpful

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.