Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well only had my SLK for just over a month and spotted from secondhand wheels and tyres on the Preloved website. Four reconditioned rims with good tyres for £200 or $300 !
Could not believe my luck as my original staggered alloys were needing two tyres replaced which was going to cost more than £200. It stopped raining yesterday so managed to fit them.

So it does pay to look for SLK bargains in the small adds

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all your comments. They are staggered the fronts are 7 inch and the rears are 8 inch with different tyre sizes. Drove the car yesterday for the first time since fitting them. The car does feel a little different in that she is easier to turn but doesn't feel as stable as she was. Could just be my imagination. Anyway here is a picture but I think I am off to look at ebay to get some silver centre caps :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
. . . . I think I am off to look at ebay to get some silver centre caps :) . . . .
That looks very nice and will look great with silver caps. I have the same style (OEM) on mine and would love to get similar ones in a plus one (17") or two (18") size . . . can't seem to find them staggered though. (I think I've seen one set of staggered 17", (Sport model?) but they were chromed and they wanted $2,200 for them.)

I think the soft curves of those wheels works well with the soft edges of the body.

:tu::tu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.