Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I was 16, I have wanted a coupe convertible! Now, nearly 24 years later, I finally bought one! Happy early 40th birthday to me!

I've been a BMW owner for 12 years, and I still love my X5 (which will be my Winter car). However, I'm really falling for my Mercedes. This is my little fun car, not daily driver; so I bought an older ('98) one. I am amazed at how great it looks and runs! Drives like silk and handles beautifully.

I've never been one to name a car, but it seems as if I should. Any suggestions? She's red - but I'm not sure what the specific color is called.

:rockon:

Update: the color is Imperial Red, so I was considering Queenie, but I've always liked the name Ruby also...plus, the name Ruby rolls more smoothly - just like she does.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lilly. That's the name of my soon-to-be former car (home purchase) and I thought it well for an SLK. Might suit you well?

By the way, WELCOME from sunny (and hot!) so cal!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,898 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome from California!

now, get out there and get some pics of it. There are a few things to keep after on these cars, but not many.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome and Happy Birthday and congratulations from southern California.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings

Welcome to the forum, happy birthday and congrats on the purchase! I'm hoping to purchase an SLK soon as well, although I'm a few years past my 40th birthday, and still a few months from my 44th, it's never too late or too early for birthday presents, in my opinion anyway! Enjoy!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois (near Vincennes)! We need more active midwest members. There are several enthusiasts in Indianapolis/Bloomington area.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
"Little Red Riding Hood"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lily

Lilly. That's the name of my soon-to-be former car (home purchase) and I thought it well for an SLK. Might suit you well?

By the way, WELCOME from sunny (and hot!) so cal!
Lily is a great name, but I already used it on my daughter! I'm not sure she would appreciate having to share her name with my car! LOL!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome from southern Illinois (near Vincennes)! We need more active midwest members. There are several enthusiasts in Indianapolis/Bloomington area.
That's good to know! I would love to get involved. Is there a website or anything for the group?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts