Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made the plunge whether right or wrong! Put a deposit on a private party sale 2002 black SLK 320, salvage title but with 65,000 original miles. Owner (#2 of 5 years) indicated repaired damage was a fender, hood and headlight area. He hired a reputable Hollywood/Brentwood area body shop to do all repairs. Did require a new radiator too, but no under carriage or front end damage. I guess some one did a low speed rear end into a tall setting vehicle. I paid a little over $5500. Interior and rest of car near mint, one top hydraulic cylinder is weeping. Tires have 400 mile on them, totally dry under neath and drives like a new car. No rattles, clunks, drives straight, great brakes. Pretty fast too! I just ordered cylinder 0-ring kit, fluid, hood lift to get started on my little project.

I'll post vehicle info when I get possession next week.

I am thanking all of you up front for all the help you all have and will give me in the future on this great site!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics!

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,303 Posts
Congratulations on the new motor.

We looked at a 2004 320 last week. Went to do a test drive and it rained. Postponed to the next day only to find out that when the rain stopped an hour later somebody else tested and bought it.

Ended up buying a 230 this week after the better half (not on google she isn't) mistyped her search.

Turned out to be a blessing as the lesser performance suits both of us (both in pocket and power), but still think it's a lovely car.

Myk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome aboard. Try to use that machine for what it was made to do. What's that??? YOU figure it out for yourself....... God bless....... Dennis.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome. I found a similar deal super clean, super low miles. Light hit. Have a couple of small gremlins (top etc.). But I'll get the fixed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! I lost 2 cars to get this one so 3 times a charm. Seller was a really cool laid back guy and very forthright about the car.. It is not my '68 280 SL but will be a good replacement.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Congrats and welcome! This forum will be your second home.

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
800 Posts
you landed on your feet there

and it sounds like a bargain as well. If you have half as much fun driving it as I am driving ours, then you will still have the biggest smile in California.>:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.