Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 馃檪 i drive 2005 SLK55 AMG and im very happy with it, maybe little over obsessed, hence is my problem:

I was going through the corridor to underground parking in the hotel. It was too steep.

I heard a scratching noise as i was going down (i was going down very slowly!). It wasnt scratched bumper, it was right in the center of the car 馃槥.

What could possibly happened? Was it just exhaust pipes? If so, is there any tolerance in the mounts pf the pipes? Could this cause some "play" in mounts, make something go wrong pr possibly pass the pressure to chasis?

Please let me know your opinions and experiences. Thank you 馃槈

Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
Hello 馃檪 i drive 2005 SLK55 AMG and im very happy with it, maybe little over obsessed, hence is my problem:

I was going through the corridor to underground parking in the hotel. It was too steep.

I heard a scratching noise as i was going down (i was going down very slowly!). It wasnt scratched bumper, it was right in the center of the car 馃槥.

What could possibly happened? Was it just exhaust pipes? If so, is there any tolerance in the mounts pf the pipes? Could this cause some "play" in mounts, make something go wrong pr possibly pass the pressure to chasis?

Please let me know your opinions and experiences. Thank you 馃槈
bottom of your front grill probably
all depends on the angle of the hill
could be oil pan covers

also don't use phone emoticons

they look like this on the forum

& # x 1 f 6 1 e ;

use forum emoticons

Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006

Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
Yeah the SLK55 is very low. On a roadtrip with 2 persons and luggage it is even lower. The resonator and the secundary cats hit the ground the most. I also have scratch marks on the pipe section before the secundary cats. Ramps with a sharp edge on on the top are the worst. If you can take a ramp diagonal then it will help to decrease the angle of the ramp. If you just hear a light scratch without getting kind of stuck it should be OK. I had it like 5 times in the last year and I don鈥檛 even drive it weekly so it won鈥檛 be the last time either.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts