Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Is there an easy way to identify if an R170 has Bose speakers as an option when originally purchased? Looking at various sale adverts that claim to have Bose, they do not seem to have the usual Bose badge on the front door speakers like in other cars. Are they labelled Bose on the rear speakers behind the drivers seat or anywhere else? Or any other indicators such as it came with an Amp?

(Am looking at R170's in the UKDM, cheers).

ps, I know about the russian site that allows you to enter the VIN... but is there another way to check without the VIN i.e. just by inspecting the car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look for the option code on a sticker where the spare tire is. I don't remember what the code is but you can check the sticky at the top of the forums. For physical confirmation, look for the amp under the passenger carpet/foam footwell under the metal plate. To check, you would have to remove the 3 plastic nuts. I don't think non optioned cars have the amp.

Damon

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,372 Posts
type-r,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

post the vin and members that have access can get u the datacard

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it doesnt have the rear-speakers behind the seats it doesnt have the bose system.
Wow, I can't believe rear speakers don't come as standard. So all R170's just have front speakers in their base models?

I checked the VIN and the model I am going to look at does come with Bose. Code is 810, which =

loudspeaker, sound package
sound package (bose)

·
Registered
37 Posts
The bose rear speakers are only 'sub'woofers to add some low. Its not like a saloon sized car with fullrange speakers in the rear. The mid and high tones are only from the front, as it should be if you ask me!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to see the car and they have the Bose rear "sub-woofers" as you describe. Just for info for people who may want to know how to identify Bose speakers, the do have Bose embossed on the speaker cover. I have attached a picture showing this.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,372 Posts
type-r,
Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.