Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one help I am trying to buy 4 x Bosch super four spark plugs for my slk but can't find any where what ones I need , I got a code for them from one web site but when I put code in to e bay it said they wher not compatible with my slk :confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bosch recommends the following for your car, 6705, 8101, or 9603. Mfg. will only suggest those that the car mfg. approves and they have tested. Otherwise you are sort of own your own

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Lots of complaints from folks who try to outsmart the engineers by going with a non-recommended plug.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Can any one help I am trying to buy 4 x Bosch super four spark plugs for my slk but can't find any where what ones I need , I got a code for them from one web site but when I put code in to e bay it said they wher not compatible with my slk :confused:
My OEM ones were NGK with the MB logo on them. If you go to the NGK website it lists it as part number: IFR6D10.
When I changed them I bought Bosch 9603. Working fine and very smooth. No changes at all. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Try bosch fr7kpp33u+ I've been using them for 3 years already, changing them yearly, no problems seen so far. Also was recommended to me by the mercedes mechanic in the mercedes dealer to save a few bucks, its the same as the oem mercedes plugs but without the added price of the mercedes logo. Price difference of the mercedes spark plug and this type of bosch is 4 dollars per plug.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try bosch fr7kpp33u+ I've been using them for 3 years already, changing them yearly, no problems seen so far. Also was recommended to me by the mercedes mechanic in the mercedes dealer to save a few bucks, its the same as the oem mercedes plugs but without the added price of the mercedes logo. Price difference of the mercedes spark plug and this type of bosch is 4 dollars per plug.
Thanks I have ordered 4 of them and only £23 inc p&p and a nice k&n air filter aswell :rb

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Well cost me £30 and is reusable , mb one is what £10-£15 last what a year then bin it so not only cost effective but much greener so it's a win win ?..go green and recycle :bannana:
Service interval on the air filter is four years or 60,000 miles and it filters better.

Reactions: JaysonM

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Service interval on the air filter is four years or 60,000 miles and it filters better.
Really I would not leave it that long , k&n is 1,000,000 so even at that it's 16 filters to one k&n so still a win win 16 X £10 = £160 :biglaugh:

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
There is something I can't figure out here. How is changing a $4 plug every year (10k miles) cheaper than changing a $6.99 (Autozone Bosch 9603) plug every 10 years (100K miles)? And I couldn't find them for less than $7-8 on Amazon.com

·
Registered
268 Posts
There is something I can't figure out here. How is changing a $4 plug every year (10k miles) cheaper than changing a $6.99 (Autozone Bosch 9603) plug every 10 years (100K miles)? And I couldn't find them for less than $7-8 on Amazon.com
First: I said the price difference is 4 dollars, I did not say its 4 dollars per plug. I.e. 12 dollars for the bosch, 16 dollars for the plugs sold by the dealer in the Philippines.

Second: for me it's cheaper, I do not rely on high mileage plugs, lifetime air filters or the new thing which is a washable cabin air filter. I'm the type of person who wants to change these maintenance parts often rather than having problems in the future by maxing out the potential of these maintenance parts.

Third: NGK has the high mileage plugs also. I forgot the product code but it's available here in the Philippines (for your info dbgroves, just text me if you want to know more) I prefer the NGK over the bosch if you talk about the high mileage plugs but its a bit pricey than the bosch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.