Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping out my regular single prong plugs with these 4 pronged Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs.

Good, Bad or just a gimmick?

SLKman

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have those in my 1990 190 E mercedes. And I like them a lot. the car feels less "unstable".

but I have read some treads that people say it can't work cause the prongs would block the fuel from getting to the spark

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I'm swapping out my regular single prong plugs with these 4 pronged Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs.

Good, Bad or just a gimmick?

SLKman
Good :tu: as long they are of the correct size

That's what the indy used when I asked him to change out my daughter's 2000 BMW323i

Give us your feedback

Reactions: SLKman

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, I was told by my local MB Indie not to use the 4 prong plugs in my 2001 SLK320, hope this helps, regards Damian. :)
Did they give a reason why?

These plugs prongs seem to stick dwn low. I will measure length before installing. I would hate to have plug hit top of piston.

SLKman:tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

These plugs prongs seem to stick dwn low. I will measure length before installing. I would hate to have plug hit top of piston.

Make sure they are of the correct size, including the length from the thread end to the tip of the plug where the electrodes are. When in doubt, stick to the OEM specs.

Does the Bosch website give you the correct part number for the year, make and model of your vehicle?

Reactions: SLKman

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I tried them a couple of years ago and had cold starting problems, i went back to the single prong style and all is good now.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Hello, for the life of me I cannot remember why, but he just told me to get the Bosch OE plugs, regards Damian. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.