Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
I think I have 560 mm on mine and they are good.
They also sit a bit lower and you get a better view of the shape in the bonnet!

And the washer nozzles can actually blast through the gap and get water/soap on the top side of the blade, where with the standard ones they just hit the blade.
TRICO ones a bit cheaper at Autobarn, and some others on ebay as cheap as $22, but not bosch or main brands.
Some have attachment methods not compatable with our old R170s so beware.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its one of the first things I usually do when I buy a new car. They are always such a visual improvement but strangely my wipers work perfectly so I will wait, patiently, fingers drumming on the table.

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
800 Posts
wot, no boner jokes

unless that counts as one. I tried some similar ones from Michelin ( yes, another costco bargain). Beware, they lifted off a bit at motorway speeds, so after a decent interval to spare my blushes, I went back to Bosch standard cantilever design with spoilers.:nerd:
I used the Bosch bonelss ones on my S320 for years with no issues. They left the factory with them afaik.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unless that counts as one. I tried some similar ones from Michelin ( yes, another costco bargain). Beware, they lifted off a bit at motorway speeds, so after a decent interval to spare my blushes, I went back to Bosch standard cantilever design with spoilers.:nerd:
I used the Bosch bonelss ones on my S320 for years with no issues. They left the factory with them afaik.
Sadly our top speeds are 110km/h and we do not have lenient police who let us drive at 140 without batting an eyelid :crying: so I am not sure we need the spoilers on the wipers. In fact I am pretty sure my car does not have them on the wipers.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
299 Posts
Never see the boys in blue(black now) with radar gun on the off ramp. Just make sure your brakes are good.>:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
In Arizona, we rarely get to use the wipers, so they usually dry out and become brittle and need to be replaced frequently. So far, my wipers are pretty good, but monsoon season is now upon us with rainstorms coming soon. What I definitely want to avoid is getting caught in one of the haboobs during monsoon season--I'm sure the dust will destroy the paint (And yes, that's a real pic of a haboob that struck Phoenix a few years ago, which was an amazing sight, but bad for cars).

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Arizona, we rarely get to use the wipers, so they usually dry out and become brittle and need to be replaced frequently. So far, my wipers are pretty good, but monsoon season is now upon us with rainstorms coming soon. What I definitely want to avoid is getting caught in one of the haboobs during monsoon season--I'm sure the dust will destroy the paint (And yes, that's a real pic of a haboob that struck Phoenix a few years ago, which was an amazing sight, but bad for cars).
Wow, what a sight. It must be hard to breathe when that thing strikes. Was you car yellow before this thing struck :grin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, what a sight. It must be hard to breathe when that thing strikes. Was you car yellow before this thing struck :grin:
I didn't have this car back then. :) Those dust clouds are pretty slow moving, so we get advanced notice when they are about to strike. Everyone tries to take cover in their homes to avoid breathing it in. Those unlucky drivers who get caught on the road describe it as a total blackout condition, which makes driving very dangerous. Even pulling off the side of the road can leave you in danger because no one can see that you're there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My experience with those types wipers is that when driving in the rain the left or drivers side wiper tends to create an eddy of sorts when pointed straight up on the widshield which tends to pull the water back across when the wiper starts back down to the right. Probably won't get any more like them when they're gone. I may even replace them before they wear out!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.