Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Picked up car today well pleased drives lovely. A supid question but is there a light in the boot as ive opened mine when it was dark and nothing came on.
Tho have discovered i got a 10 disc Sony Changer in the boot hopefully i can swap the old Sony Cassette head unit for my nice Sony Bluetooth one and the changer will still work ?

Dave:tazz:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts
moved to r170 general discussion from uk region. model specific gets more visits than just one region of the world

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
There should be a light on the left side next to the first aid kit.

Sorry i see your from England, look on the right side for the light. Its a tiny little thing and does very little in the dark.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mercedes CD changers come with fiber-optic cabling... It means this will be of NO use with any head unit other than stock one. But don't get disappointed! Get a new head unit with USB support! They are just around $100! I use 16GB and can't fill this thing up =) Beside, you get faster read response, better navigation by folders and no stopping tracks on bumps :biglaugh:.

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mercedes CD changers come with fiber-optic cabling... It means this will be of NO use with any head unit other than stock one. But don't get disappointed! Get a new head unit with USB support! They are just around $100! I use 16GB and can't fill this thing up =) Beside, you get faster read response, better navigation by folders and no stopping tracks on bumps :biglaugh:.
I did say its a Sony head unit and disc changer so hope my more modern Sony unit will connect to the changer as long as they have not changed the the type of plug.

Dave :bannana:

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you hadn't swapped out the light in the boot, I recommend replacing it with a nice LED one. The stock one doesn't illuminate the trunk enough IMO.

42mm High Power 6 SMD LED Festoon Dome Bulb White 12 Volt DC

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem, after cleaning the bulb connections for the 3rd time it finally worked. Used course sandpaper in the end not sure why it was so difficult to get a good contact.
Sad to say i had removed most of the boot linings thinking I had a damaged wire before I returned to the obvious solution:confused:

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with my boot light is the very cheap plastic lens has fallen to pieces so need a new one and cant find one anywhere in the UK . Thinking of trying to fit something from another make of car.

Dave

P.S My Sony head unit works perfect with the old changer in the boot now just need better speakers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Trunk light

Thanks Erok for the led link, I just ordered the last one in stock for $5.00 with free Amazon Prime shipping.
Now I just have to figure out how to get the switch to turn off when the lid closes. Something to do during the winter I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.