Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so, some crazy teenager runs a red, slams into a car in the intersection and I'm waiting at the light screaming, "No stay away from me!" Long story short I got caught in the midst and now I need a new drivers side quarter panel and bumper.

Her insurance is paying for it all but I thought I would just source some of the parts myself since my brother-in-law's uncle owns a custom body shop and has no problem doing the work for cheap. I've only found bumpers online though, does anyone have a good place for other body components?

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
I believe when it comes to Mercedes Benz, there are really no after market parts other than body kits made by tuners. But if you want OEM, it's either the real thing or nothing.......and only sold by Mercedes Benz. If I am wrong on this, someone will correct me soon, but I think I am right.

You may want to check with some salvage yards. Maybe you can pick up a used part in decent shape there.

But, since someone else's insurance is paying for it, why not go with brand new oem????

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I echo Stinger's opinion. I would have an MB certified body shop do the repair work using OEM parts.

Your brother-in-law's uncle may be able to order the body panels from the PEM supplier.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Looks like the MB shop what I'll be doing. Thanks guys.
I also agree - only OEM when it comes to Mercedes! Besides, if insurance is paying why bother? Go to a specialized German auto shop and get a quote =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.