Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from seeing, Bob Dylan in Newcastle - What a gig. Bout 5000 people there but more like a club atmosphere. You could walk in/out, go outside, have a smoke, or a SMOKE, take drinks into the Arena. He did a good mix of old & new stuff - Desolation Road -13 Mins, - Rolling Stone went on for ever, couple of tracs off Modern Times. It was a priveledge to be there.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Dylan brangs back memories of teen years. Makes me grin real big. :) :tazz: :tu: Saw James Taylor months ago, he makes me cry memberin those days. :( :rockon: Then there is Jane Fonda, wouldn't pee on her if she waz on fore. :td: :td: :td: :td: :td: :td: :td: :td: :td:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Talking about Artists, Ive seen James Brown 4-5 years ago at Cannes Airpot, France. I also Saw Shakira in dubai and Beyonce too.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Ive seen Dylan about 5 years ago in Hamburg St.Pauli and I took my son to the gig, because he is musician and studies art. I said:"Bob is the greatest. You have to go. He changed my life, he changed the world."

After the "party" we went disappointed into the "Ritze" for a beer. Bob seems to hate Germans. It was the worst Ive ever seen. Ive written an essay about it. I´m sorry: in German Woolly. If somebody likes, I post it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If you want to see the Cats Musical (no more), Mama Mia or Dylan, you have to go there. It´s not a problem, because we dont go in the wrong bars or into the Herbertstrasse. The Ritze ist just a pub and in the back you find the Universum Box Arena*! All that is Reeperbahn.

300m away from it you have Football Arena from FC St.Pauli and the Congress Centrum where you find the exhibition Hanse Boot.

Everybody believes St.Pauli is bad, but it´s just a small part of it.

* Darius Michaczewski and the Klitschko´s went there for training. You find signatures of very famous people in there too. One of it is from THE GREATEST OF ALL TIMES

edit: my son is nearly 24 now

·
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only joking, Gero, I used to work in Hamburg quite frequently, and know the area quite well. I used to stay in the Hotel Atlantic, overlooking the lake - it used to be a superb hotel, don't know what it's like now.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The Atlantic is the "Kempinsky Atlantic" now. At the river Elbe with a direct view to the Moenckebergstreet. One of the best hotels in Hamburg. Ive been there one year ago because I had to go to the Indian embassy, which is near by.

Hamburg is one of the best places in the world. The small Paris. I love it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you want to see the Cats Musical (no more), Mama Mia or Dylan, you have to go there. It´s not a problem, because we dont go in the wrong bars or into the Herbertstrasse. The Ritze ist just a pub and in the back you find the Universum Box Arena*! All that is Reeperbahn.

300m away from it you have Football Arena from FC St.Pauli and the Congress Centrum where you find the exhibition Hanse Boot.

* Darius Michaczewski and the Klitschko´s went there for training. You find signatures of very famous people in there too. One of it is from THE GREATEST OF ALL TIMES

edit: my son is nearly 24 now
I saw Cats musical other week. it was pure hell!!!!!! hated the whole thing!!!!!:confused: :bannana:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I saw Cats musical other week. it was pure hell!!!!!! hated the whole thing!!!!!:confused: :bannana:
Welcome in the Club Peter :biglaugh: In Starlight Express Ive been twice - great show!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Then wait till you see Mary Poppins, Relatives went and stayed a long 3 hours just to take my cousins little daughter.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I saw cats the other day, thought it was a hoot. Specially when you hit near em a watch um jump straight up in tha air. What, they made a play outa shootin Cats? Ohhh, I see, Ya'll forget what I said about laughin when they jump. Reckon I need to read more or lest git out of the house some. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: now that is fuunnny :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ah sar cats t'other day, thunk it was a hoot. Specially when yo' hit near em a watch um jump straight up in tha air. Whut in tarnation, they made a play outa shootin Cats? Ohhh, ah see, Ya'll fo'git whut ah said about laughin when they jump. Reckon ah need t'read mo'e o' less git outta th' house some. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: now thet is fuunnny :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
I can't stand cats - both the Lloyd-Weber variety (or anything he does come to that:(), or the furry fluffy ones that bite and scratch and mess up yer garden.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I'd like cats...if they were more like dogs.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wooly, your translations are a hoot. I still think you are from Norf Caliner. Kevin, I agree, dawgs are bettr, they ain't as greasy when you cook um. Kidding, kidding, have three of each and we luv em all like chiren. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wooly, yer translashuns is a hoot. ah still reckon yer fum No'f Caliner. Kevin, ah agree, dawgs is bettr, they ain't as greasy when yo' cook um, dawgone it. Kiddin', kiddin', haf three of etch an' we luv em all like chiren, as enny fool kin plainly see. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
... still trying my hardest to understand wot the feck u're talkin bout !!:):)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
... still trying my hardest to understand wot the feck u're talkin bout !!:):)
Do you prefer German now Woolly? Kein Problem, wirst du wahrscheinlich besser verstehen als das Kauderwelsch von Doug :biglaugh:

·
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you prefer German now Woolly? Kein Problem, wirst du wahrscheinlich besser verstehen als das Kauderwelsch von Doug :biglaugh:
No probs - "No problem, makes as much sense as Doug's incomprehensible language" (- close ??:biglaugh::biglaugh: )

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey, did I jest git cussed out in German??? No really, I understand German fine. Knockwurst is guud. Snitzel is better and stien holds BEER. Last year the wife an I were at the house in Acapulco and we met a German couple at the beach, they spoke little English and we spoke no German, for three days we sailed, fished, ate and laughed. I could listen to German and Italian for hours but most folks can stand red neck for very few minutes. But food, fun and being considerate of others has always gotten me through, smiles mean the same in any language. So Smile everyone. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :) :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
No probs - "No problem, makes as much sense as Doug's incomprehensible language" (- close ??:biglaugh::biglaugh: )

Woolly: 100 Points! :biglaugh:
Doug: Knackwurst (Bockwurst), Schnitzel, Bier - you know the most important German words :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.