1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Driving and using the phone needs to become as unacceptable as drink driving.

Btw out if curiosity where was that?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driving and using the phone needs to become as unacceptable as drink driving.

Btw out if curiosity where was that?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Just to the NorthWest of the Dusty Miller pub ( where the canal bridge was ) on the Cholmondeley road, Wrenbury, Cheshire. Beautiful part of the world. I'd just come from a Thursday evening club clay shoot followed by a cup of tea at my brothers house in Aston so no, I had not been in to the pub! :) :)

Yup here in North Wales you still get abuse if you pick someone out about driving while phoning. This particular bit of footage I have submitted to Cheshire Constabulary dashcam site, not clear enough to prosecute but they may give him a stern talking to! I watched him in the rear view mirror and he continued without so much as moving left. I'm convinced that even now he is unaware that we ever even passed each other. He was off with the fairies!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yikes! Good job that you were paying attention at least.

Let's hope the police at least bother to contact the driver. Likely won't make any difference to them if that's how little they care but you never know. Even if it just makes them think twice about who might be watching / recording them.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,114 Posts
No excuse for using a handheld phone nowadays.

Personally, I'm not keen on using a phone at all when driving, but Bluetooth is cheap.

Sadly, there's often too few bobbies available to chase these up.
However, if that force has a target on phone use, then they may.

Drink driving has had it's day, so should phone use.

Lucky you avoided, cos they had no intention of doing so.

·
Banned
974 Posts
You have to understand that BMW drivers are superior & above the law.
The badge gives them the delusion of status even if it's a boggo basic diesel 1 Series issued to salesmen.
Buy one or get issued with one & you're a prat & others will also think you're a prat.
And to think that many years ago a BMW was something to aspire to, now it has stigma & too accessible to the lower orders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts