Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I volunteer at old folks home and we go to Walmart on Wednesdays
We take them by bus but Mac rides with me so we can get the motorized carts ready before the bus gets to Walmart
Mac is 88 years young but has all his faculties
3 lane highway. Walmart 1.5 miles away
Medium traffic dispersed evenly across all 3 lanes
I see BMW weaving in n out as he comes up on me
and sneaks into small space in front of me
I always let people in if they signal
He didn't He proceeds to left lane that opened up and Mac says 'get him junior'
So I always respect my elders and take off after him
Mac was wearing his Depends
I catch him
Pace him
Then leave him
I wait for him at the light
What you got he asks
Guess when I left him at the speed of light
He could not read my rear
I told him AMG
He said I can't mess with you
He said is that the hardtop convertible?
I said yes and demonstrated the Smarttop
(http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html)
As I accelerated away and wished him safe driving
No bmws were hurt in this story
Maybe his feelings :D

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Added a pic of Mac, 89 this January, my copilot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
When I take my 85 year-old dad to the hosp for his eye treatment, I have the roof down so it's easier for him to get in and sit down. Before I've even shifted from 'park' I get the 'Close that bloody roof will you'. Then comes the 'Slow down', 'Do you know the speed limit here?', 'This is not a fairground ride you know', 'When you lose your licence, you'll be crying', 'You know driving like this wastes fuel, don't you?', 'How long do you expect your tyres to last?'.

I say 'Do you like AC/DC played window shaking loud?' :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mac

Gotta love Mac. Gawd bless em. Thanks for sharing. I had a similar deal yesterday with a G37 that was darting in and out of traffic going home. I followed for a few miles using him for "Bear Bait" until a light turned red on us both with open road in front. I thought he might go for it aa aggressive as he had been driving but still wanted to give him the jump in what was going to be an un-fair encounter. But nope, the driver motored away as meak as a mouse. So, I went into hyperdrive for about 4 sec and let him use me for bait for a change, lol.

The SLK is too sporty and mean looking sometimes and may intimidate some. I spotted a big block SRT8 Challenger the other day too but I was in my POS Mustang V6 that day. No joy. I am frisky but not stupid :surprise:

Irish

·
Registered
905 Posts
Some cars you can play against, others you don't; best just gracefully pull away from the lights and not suffer the agony of defeat. Sounds like Mac is young at heart...perhaps you should let him behind the wheel next time:surprise:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts