Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I own the 5-Series and have driven the E-class and the S90. We did not drive the Jaguar XF due to inadequate rear seat headroom when equipped with a sun roof. Though quirky from an engineering perspective, the BMW is a very well engineered car, but we're going to replace it later this year. Between the E-class and the S90, we settled on the S90 as the best of the two. Two primary factors led to this decision: 1) The front seats in the Mercedes were uncomfortable to me due to very stiff, intrusive seat bottom side bolsters. They really press into my hip joints (as do the seats in the SLK). The S90 seats were quite comfortable, especially the back seat, which is challenging in cars with fold-down rear seats. The S90 interior is just plain gorgeous and the Bowers & Wilkens sound system is awesome. 2) Price. The comparably equipped E-class was approximately $17,000+ more expensive. Mercedes is a lot like Porsche...the options list is a killer, whereas the Volvo Inscription has most everything standard and included in the base price. I added all options except a cold-weather package, and the total options cost was $5,610.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts