Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
I bought one of those, (one similar anyway)
http://www.amazon.com/SoundBot-Blue...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
And it works great. BUT I planned on using a rechargeable USB battery that would allow it to run for a LOONNNNGGG time like this
http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-PB-N37-...=1-4&keywords=charger+battery+power+bank+5000
BUT that doesn't even fit in the glove box with the CD changer. (Ultra Compact, same size as LipStick) I thought about the little things with built in battery, but I wanted longer time between charging. I may wire it up a USB power jack in the glove box, ideally I wanted it hidden unless using it as a microphone or pause button.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too looked at those rechargeable and or battery powered. However, they always die at the worst possible moment and if you park close to your car they phone will stay connected and kill battery even faster.

All I can say is the one I posted has USB power lead and a 3.5mm lead that are long enough to reach both the AUX input and the 12v AUX power port so it's plug and play.

·
997 Posts
I too looked at those rechargeable and or battery powered. However, they always die at the worst possible moment and if you park close to your car they phone will stay connected and kill battery even faster.

All I can say is the one I posted has USB power lead and a 3.5mm lead that are long enough to reach both the AUX input and the 12v AUX power port so it's plug and play.
I agree, I just wanted it hidden, and they do work nice. I was stunned that the Lipstick size battery (OK, it would be a HUGE LipStick) doesn't fit in the glove compartment!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not a good fm transmitter. Really good soundquality in both music and handsfree phone functions. In lower bandwith i cant find any disturbing noises. Cheap and maybe sneaky, but very useble.

This one i use and can recomend. Just google and you find better prices.

http://www.amazon.com/Simger-Blueto...ee-Charging/dp/B017OPPBA2?tag=viglink22331-20
Most FM transmitters have horrible sound quality especially in large cities where the available FM radio frequencies are limited and or you have overload of the available FM spectrum.

·
997 Posts
Most FM transmitters have horrible sound quality especially in large cities where the available FM radio frequencies are limited and or you have overload of the available FM spectrum.
I have tried several over the years, and the only ones that I have liked and kept were the ones that hardwire into the antenna circuit of the radio, then you plug your antenna into them. They work very well, no interference. And decent audio quality, about as good as FM can get.
But the Bluetooth, to AUX jack would still be the best, other than manually switching when a call comes in.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I use a similar Bluetooth device to those suggested above to enable playing of music from my iPhone, via the aux-in socket, and through my car's head unit.
Doosl on amazon.co.uk
Doosl on amazon.com

It claims a 16 hour battery life, but I've never let it run down as I just charge it form time-to-time anyway. My plan is to wire a USB adapter into the glovebox using an add-a-fuse in the nearby fusebox, so that I don't need to worry about recharging it at all (i.e. leave a micro-USB cable plugged into it in the glovebox).

I've found audio quality to be quite good, although you do need to turn the volume up a little higher when playing anything back through the aux-in socket.

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
997 Posts
I use a similar Bluetooth device to those suggested above to enable playing of music from my iPhone, via the aux-in socket, and through my car's head unit.
Doosl on amazon.co.uk
Doosl on amazon.com

It claims a 16 hour battery life, but I've never let it run down as I just charge it form time-to-time anyway. My plan is to wire a USB adapter into the glovebox using an add-a-fuse in the nearby fusebox, so that I don't need to worry about recharging it at all (i.e. leave a micro-USB cable plugged into it in the glovebox).

I've found audio quality to be quite good, although you do need to turn the volume up a little higher when playing anything back through the aux-in socket.
Looks nice, do you have the CD Changer in the glove box? How well does it fit? I will probably do the same with wiring in power to the glovebox and just use the one I have in there, then I could also use it to charge something else if needed. I don't mind wires visible for something temporary, but if permanent, I want them hidden like a factory install.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Looks nice, do you have the CD Changer in the glove box? How well does it fit? I will probably do the same with wiring in power to the glovebox and just use the one I have in there, then I could also use it to charge something else if needed. I don't mind wires visible for something temporary, but if permanent, I want them hidden like a factory install.
Yes, I have the CD Changer, and it all fits great. I use it plugged in with the small 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack that's provided, as follows:

If you don't want to have it hanging there like that (I've had it there for a couple of months now without issue), then you could buy a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack lead and use that instead, something like this:

Clearly, none of these photos have the micro-USB plugged into it, as I haven't installed that into the glovebox yet. :)

·
997 Posts
Yes, I have the CD Changer, and it all fits great. I use it plugged in with the small 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack that's provided, as follows:

If you don't want to have it hanging there like that (I've had it there for a couple of months now without issue), then you could buy a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack lead and use that instead, something like this:

Clearly, none of these photos have the micro-USB plugged into it, as I haven't installed that into the glovebox yet. :)
Ah, yours is RHD, on mine LHD, there is much less space. (I assume that is the difference.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Ah, yours is RHD, on mine LHD, there is much less space. (I assume that is the difference.
Yes, mine is RHD, which is one of the reasons why I added the photos, as well as the potential for connecting it via an aux cable instead...

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
179 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.