Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
*Registered
2007 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Hope someone can help me out.
I got a Bluetooth module for my newly acquired 2007 slk200. Fitted it I. The armrest and it seems to have paired with the comand unit. My iPhone shows up on the screen but that’s as far as I can get.
Manual says it should give me a 16 digit code to type in but that doesn’t seem to be happening. I’m wondering if I’m missing something.
Thanks
Plant Automotive design Vehicle Satellite radio Audio equipment

Module number if it helps.
Font Material property Rectangle Electric blue Label

·
*Registered
2007 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Kenny-M I know this may sound like a silly question (and I know nothing) but I do see a 16 digit code. Is that not what you're looking for? Or...
View attachment 618929
Through that myself but instructions say it will ask you to input the code but nothing happens. Don’t know if I’m missing something.

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,677 Posts
A SAP cradle is a real pia to get to work. It accesses the SIM card in your phone and uses the info on that card to make and receive calls. Was already a hit and miss in the early days, that modile you have is probably from around 2004-2008. You have probably the latest iPhone so for the iPhone that cradle is as ancient as a black and white tube TV. If i were you I would stick with an HFP cradle like this
Grey Gadget Font Material property Synthetic rubber

These work usually pretty well. Found an old manual for the SAP cradle that describes 3 different procedures for authorising your phone. You should follow procedure C, don't know if you have the same manual. Can't be of more help,sorry.

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,677 Posts
I see you were already given that advice. 😁 😉😇

·
*Registered
2007 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A SAP cradle is a real pia to get to work. It accesses the SIM card in your phone and uses the info on that card to make and receive calls. Was already a hit and miss in the early days, that modile you have is probably from around 2004-2008. You have probably the latest iPhone so for the iPhone that cradle is as ancient as a black and white tube TV. If i were you I would stick with an HFP cradle like this
View attachment 618930

These work usually pretty well. Found an old manual for the SAP cradle that describes 3 different procedures for authorising your phone. You should follow procedure C, don't know if you have the same manual. Can't be of more help,sorry.
Thanks Sneaky Pete.
So basically ditch the module I’ve got and get the one in the picture you posted 😂

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts
just some older bt info

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,677 Posts
Would this one work ok?
Mercedes-Benz B67875877 Bluetooth Adapter
Think it will. It has older firmware than B67870000 which has the latest fw,but I think it will work. These cradles are unfortunately not firmware upgradable so the newer your phone is the more chance it will have some minor quirks. But basic phone functions like making and receiving calls should work.

Other thing you could try is to insert a seperate SIM card in the SAP cradle and see if that works. No need for BT then,your cradle is then basically a phone and your Comand the keyboard with screen. Never tried it but I could imagine that works better than BT SAP.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
9 Posts
Think it will. It has older firmware than B67870000 which has the latest fw,but I think it will work. These cradles are unfortunately not firmware upgradable so the newer your phone is the more chance it will have some minor quirks. But basic phone functions like making and receiving calls should work.

Other thing you could try is to insert a seperate SIM card in the SAP cradle and see if that works. No need for BT then,your cradle is then basically a phone and your Comand the keyboard with screen. Never tried it but I could imagine that works better than BT SAP.
FWIW, I have the 5877 (older FW) and it works well, but 5 mins into every trip it switches off the radio for ca. 45 seconds, most once but sometimes twice in the same trip. It then switches back on with the same channel and volume that I had when I first started the car, or if I was listening to a CD returns to Track 1. My set up is 2005 SLK 350, iPhone 8 Plus.

I would also suggest getting the B67870000 if you can find one.

·
*Registered
2007 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
View attachment 618930

Hi Pete
Quick question if you can help please?
I think I’m going to fit an android head unit. Do I need to get the extra fibre cable?
The build sheet says
527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
Hope you can help.
Thanks

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,677 Posts
Do I need to get the extra fibre cable?
No,do you not really need it. But it depends on what you want.
Option 1 is move all necessary connections form the AGW to your new HU. Advantage is you keep everything simple and straight forward. Disadvantage is it is more work.
Option 2 is use the MOST fibre converter (guess that is what you mean?).Advantage is,easy job no need to move speaker connections etc. Disadvantage is 1 more extra aftermarket device on the MOST fiber ring,they don't always work flawless.
Personally I would go for option1 but that's up to you.

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK350
92 Posts
FWIW, I have the 5877 (older FW) and it works well, but 5 mins into every trip it switches off the radio for ca. 45 seconds
That's weird. I have B67875877 in my 2006 SLK 350 and my 2007 C180. It works perfectly with iPhone 8 Plus, SE and 12 Pro Max. The radio is unaffected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts