Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK300
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 SLK 300, which has an Audio 20 and the Mercedes Media Interface Plus, with iPod cable. I was able to connect it to my iPhone 6 with an adapter, but it does not charge the phone. It also forces me to keep the phone in the glove box, which I do not like. I wanted a Bluetooth audio solution that kept the steering wheel controls working. Much to my delight, I found a solution: The Viseeo tune2air.

The WMA 3000A directly connects to the Mercedes Media Interface but is a VERY tight fix due to the right angle connector). It streams perfectly and preserves the native Mercedes phone functionality.

It will lose track of what song you are playing if you use the iPhone screen instead of the UI of the Audio-20, but I can live with that.

For $80, it was an excellent bargain. I am very pleased to have A2DP streaming, complete with steering wheel control. I only wish I could remote-trigger Siri from the steering wheel. I know there are 3rd party Bluetooth solutions that clamp on to the steering wheel, but they are very ugly.

I am super pleased to add A2DP Bluetooth streaming to an older car.

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200
5,858 Posts
I have a 2009 SLK 300, which has an Audio 20 and the Mercedes Media Interface Plus, with iPod cable. I was able to connect it to my iPhone 6 with an adapter, but it does not charge the phone. It also forces me to keep the phone in the glove box, which I do not like. I wanted a Bluetooth audio solution that kept the steering wheel controls working. Much to my delight, I found a solution: The Viseeo tune2air.

The WMA 3000A directly connects to the Mercedes Media Interface but is a VERY tight fix due to the right angle connector). It streams perfectly and preserves the native Mercedes phone functionality.

It will lose track of what song you are playing if you use the iPhone screen instead of the UI of the Audio-20, but I can live with that.

For $80, it was an excellent bargain. I am very pleased to have A2DP streaming, complete with steering wheel control. I only wish I could remote-trigger Siri from the steering wheel. I know there are 3rd party Bluetooth solutions that clamp on to the steering wheel, but they are very ugly.

I am super pleased to add A2DP Bluetooth streaming to an older car.
At last something that may tick my box .
How is the audio quality on this device ?

Id imagine better than the rubbish line in connection in the glove box yes ?

Attachments

·
**Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,852 Posts
Yes I am running the most recent software. It will continue to play but it will not allow me to use the controls, and the display will not show the song that's actually playing.

·
Registered 2009 SLK300
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The audio quality of the port is still rubbish, but at least it's wireless rubbish.

The audio level of the analog channels of the Mercedes Media Interface is too low for my tastes, but I think adding in a preamp will just further erode the quality. I may recode my iPhone music to a higher output level.

Fortunately, my taste in music isn't high quality in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.