Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally moved along from the SLK and AMG family as of last week.

I was committed to buying a C63 AMG a few weeks ago, however, the dealer who had it sold it to a person while they were appraising my SLK (took them three hours to appraise and "shop" my car). When they were done they told me the info and I told them I'd come get it as soon as my son got off the bus. The salesperson I dealt with didn't have keys in hand nor any clue about what was going on around the dealership as it was being sold as I talked to him. That is the last time I will ever deal with a Gunn dealer in San Antonio. They were also ignorant in terms of military registrations. I was advised that I could not register my car in my Home of Record due to "Texas Law" which I discovered to be completely bogus.

I had every intentions of picking up another AMG (C63, E63, ML63, or S63) but that fell through. I got tired of looking between San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, and Houston and not finding much variety (that I would buy color wise). I was in contact with both Mercedes of San Antonio and Mercedes of Boerne and both salesman I talked with acted like they could careless about assisting in the search.

I finally decided to forego and be reasonable (in a way) and picked up a F250 Turbo Diesel. I am genuinely impressed with the vehicle and have no regrets. The monster even fits in the our garage!

I'm sure I'll be hanging around, but probably won't troll as much!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,466 Posts
Good luck to you!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
It barely fits in the garage LOL! Best of luck and safe travels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.