Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has commented that when she gets into the car and the interior is hot from sitting closed up in the sun, the Comfort AC system with auto fan will run the fan at the highest speed.

If she is coming from a meeting and wishing to return phone calls received while in the meeting, she finds it hard to hear as the blower is too loud.

Well, Star has a solution. In the HVAC controller settings there is one to reduce the blower speed by 50% if there is voice conversation occurring. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet as we have moved into cooler fall weather and not had the situation come up to see if it works as expected.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My wife has commented that when she gets into the car and the interior is hot from sitting closed up in the sun, the Comfort AC system with auto fan will run the fan at the highest speed.

If she is coming from a meeting and wishing to return phone calls received while in the meeting, she finds it hard to hear as the blower is too loud.

Well, Star has a solution. In the HVAC controller settings there is one to reduce the blower speed by 50% if there is voice conversation occurring. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet as we have moved into cooler fall weather and not had the situation come up to see if it works as expected.
Sounds like an interesting feature, what section of DAS is it located under?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an interesting feature, what section of DAS is it located under?
Akonion,

Control Units/Air Conditioning/C-AAC/Control Unit Adaptions/Read Coding and Change if Necessary/This setting Should Only be Changed if Requested by Customer

In this section there are many settings that can be changed. This setting is to reduce blower speed by 50% if conversation is occurring. Change setting to Yes.

I do not know if it is an allowable setting if the car does not have the Convenience Automatic Air Conditioning (Digital Climate Control). Also, do not know if the it will work if the C-AAC is not set in Auto fan mode.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts