Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230 Kompressor
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows the location of the block heater on 2001 SLK230 for Canadian models? I couldn't locate any cables, either in the lower bumper grill or inside the engine bay. Search didn't give me much except location of the block heater on C230 (not sure if the same M111 engine or not) just below exhaust manifold on Benzworld

Pelican parts actually has the block heater cable and a block plug available but from the search results it seems that some canadian models actually came with the plug installed and may just require a cable to be purchased :surprise: So was wondering if fellow owners may have had the same question before.

Thank you

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,357 Posts
Anyone knows the location of the block heater on 2001 SLK230 for Canadian models? I couldn't locate any cables, either in the lower bumper grill or inside the engine bay. Search didn't give me much except location of the block heater on C230 (not sure if the same M111 engine or not) just below exhaust manifold on Benzworld

Pelican parts actually has the block heater cable and a block plug available but from the search results it seems that some canadian models actually came with the plug installed and may just require a cable to be purchased :surprise: So was wondering if fellow owners may have had the same question before.

Thank you
I found the installation kit in EPC (parts catalog) but did not find any reference to in WIS (workshop manual). I can't help you anymore than this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/155huUfDXRwX4C0BQ89kRvJfocr0wNhnY/view?usp=sharing

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I will have to check physically underneath the exhaust manifold if there is anything resembling a plug. The diagram seems to point to the left side of the block.

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I will have to check physically underneath the exhaust manifold if there is anything resembling a plug. The diagram seems to point to the left side of the block.
Well, two years later :wink: finally got time to take a look at that location while replacing the exhaust manifold gasket. The thing circled in red... That can't be a block heater plug, can it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts