Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this anywhere on a search so I hope it's not a re-post.
My blinkers/emergency lights just have a steady light no matter if its set to L, R, or both, instead of blinking. I think my center brake light is out. Could that be causing this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello, not 100% sure of this but, I am sure I saw on a MB Forum that sometimes this fault is connected to the Hazard Flasher switch in the dashboard, regards Damian. :)

PS - I will look tomorrow and try and find the Forum.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
can u not step on the brake and have someone confirm if the center brake light is out?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
usually is the reason. when one goes, the others should complain. anything on your display tells u light is out? it should. it did on my old 320 and 230s

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had this problem once after using the hazard light during parking on the side of the road. When I came back, the lights didn't blink but all of the were on without blinking. After switching off the hazard lights I thought everything was back to normal since the lights went out. However, when using the indicator after driving away I didnt hear the clicking sound of the relay and the lights on the side I indicated to were constantly on.

Sounds like your problem right? The sollution was pretty simple but also stupid, just press the hazardlight button a few times until it jumps back to the blinking mode as it should. The indicators worked perfectly afterwards. The problem also didnt happen again since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.