Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2018 AMG SLC43
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving about 6 miles in a very light rain my blind spot assistant lights (yellow - both mirrors) came on and stay on. I returned home and could not lock the vehicle and the headlights did not time out. After about one half hour with no change I drove the vehicle again. This time the yellow lights would go on and off intermittently. This all was happening at a speed limit over 20 miles an hour and no obstacles. Returning home and parking in the street (no obstacles), the yellow lights remained on. The difference this time was that when I shut down the yellow lights went out and the headlights timed out.
At this point I have not had the problem of locking and lights remaining on, but still have some intermittent problems with the yellow lights coming on with obstacles. I am guessing that your responses will be a señsor problem. The problem I have with that, is that it was a very lite rain and now it has been all dry conditions. I found one place online that it was MB's way to let you know you have a battery problem.
Thanks in advance for any advice on my problem.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,982 Posts
You suspect the very thing that many of us suggest as a starting place.
Battery.
Check condition.

Do you use the car regularly?
Or, use a battery tender?

Battery can discharge in a very short time (weeks).
Dial in roof use, heating, ac etc & poor thing takes a hit.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vehicle was on a battery tender for 5 months. Bought a good one that goes thru the various charging cycles, but that might not be the answer for winter storage??

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,697 Posts
Vehicle was on a battery tender for 5 months. Bought a good one that goes thru the various charging cycles, but that might not be the answer for winter storage??
Most all of us who store them do that so unless your tender is faulty...

Reactions: lavern

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sensors

So the front sensors are very easy to find and clean. Now the rear ones. What I found by laying on the ground under the rear bumper, was a recessed circle (about 3/8") surrounded by a rubber grommet. One on each side and facing downward. Are these the sensors? If they are, how do they detect anything when they are hidden behind the bumper and facing down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts