Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I bought the SLK (R170, 1997) I had a BlauPunkt TravelPilot Rome EU 56E in the car.
It supposed to have been prepared for a GSM
I have two blocks inside the car -one near the bottom of the front window and one near my rearview mirror.
I think the one at the window is the GPS antenna -but the one near the mirror -the microphone?

I also have -I wonder why- two onexplained connections on the radio. One is an SMB and one is connector D.

the SMB I assume is for the GPS antenna, but connector D -the microphone?
The tacho-something -to check in which direction the car drives?

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the problem. In my car I have two connectors in the radio bay. one ges to the connector D and the other goes to SMB.

The radio manual only mentions the SMB connector in passing and it shows connector D -but doesn't explain it's function.

I think I have a GPS antenna and a microphone (given the locations)
I'm 99% sure that these are connected the connectors in the radio bay,

I have a BT radio and I want to see if I can use the existing microphone (by connecting a 2,5mm jack to the wires) provided it is a microphone.

·
Registered
287 Posts
US cars were prepared for "Tele Aid" system which relied on mobile phone and GPS for connection to M-B emergency service operator, etc., etc. I suspect you have the German equivalent. The only thing that will do you any good is the microphone and maybe the antenna. If you search for threads on "teleaid" on the forum, you may get some more useful information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.