1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well phase 2 is complete....

Phase 1: Black Series ECU and Sport Cams
Phase 2: Brushed black aluminum roof, spoiler, and vents

Before anyone asks, a very dear friend at a MBZ dealership found out that a local SLK55 Black Series was totaled and I bought the engine (it too was nearly a total waste). Then a quick access to the Star System and all is set. I had the ECU installed for a while and it adapted well, the cams was an all day job but it got done. Nice pickup at the dyno as well...within 3% of the Black Series numbers. I have the front suspension as well but I think only the struts are usable.

Photos......

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,217 Posts
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I'm curious where he found a SLK black series, since they were never imported stateside - still, good work!

Did you get your hands on the front fenders?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Can you spare/sell the shift knob from the Black Series?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious where he found a SLK black series, since they were never imported stateside - still, good work!

Did you get your hands on the front fenders?
I don't know who owned the car or where it was located...my guess is either Beverly Hills or Brentwood as the car was totalled on Mulholland Drivein late 2011.

Money can't buy you love, but in the US, it can get you anything you are willing to pay for!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Nice job. Can't wait to see it in real life. There was someone with a link to some CLK Black Series wheels which looked the same as the SLK Black Series ones, although I'm not sure about offset etc. You might want to take a look at that listing.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job. Can't wait to see it in real life. There was someone with a link to some CLK Black Series wheels which looked the same as the SLK Black Series ones, although I'm not sure about offset etc. You might want to take a look at that listing.
I'll start the quest!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Interesting. The nearly impossible and improbable. Continued good luck with your BS project.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
are the black series rims exactly the same as the 55 amg's rims? size wise...and where can you get the cf fender vents???

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
are the black series rims exactly the same as the 55 amg's rims? size wise...and where can you get the cf fender vents???

The R171 BS came with 19's, but I've never been able to find the part number, so can't say for sure. The CF bumper inserts also don't have a part number for the "real" BS piece, but Piecha sells their version that fits into the space on a normal AMG bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Well phase 2 is complete....

Phase 1: Black Series ECU and Sport Cams
Phase 2: Brushed black aluminum roof, spoiler, and vents

Before anyone asks, a very dear friend at a MBZ dealership found out that a local SLK55 Black Series was totaled and I bought the engine (it too was nearly a total waste). Then a quick access to the Star System and all is set. I had the ECU installed for a while and it adapted well, the cams was an all day job but it got done. Nice pickup at the dyno as well...within 3% of the Black Series numbers. I have the front suspension as well but I think only the struts are usable.

Photos......
:tu: Thumbs up on your Black Series quest and grats on getting your hands on some Black Series parts.

What's that thing on the front side of your roof? You have a great idea for your Black Series theme but I think that it could be done differently. At the end of the day it's still your car-I'm just offering some suggestions.

I think CF vinyl (like 3M 1080 carbon fiber) would've looked better for the roof (or glossy black), spoiler, and vents. The vinyl shape on the vents could be a little sharper to match the real Black Series. I've seen a member or two go with the Black Series look before-I'll see if I can find the thread or pictures.

If you wanted to go crazy with the fenders, I'm sure you could find a universal fender air duct. Maybe there's a company that makes replica BS wheels. There's also the trim above the rear wheels...

·
Registered
23 Posts

- BS front grille left A 171 8850453
- BS front grille right A 171 8850353
ca. 110 € / pcs

- BS rims VA 8,5X19 A 171 4012602
- BS rims HA 9,5x19 A 171 4012702
ca. 6.300,00 € (4 pcs)

...the cf fender vents only with the complete bumper :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.