Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with the driver of an SLK200 today while filling up his car. The garage chap was being slow starting the pumps up so we had the time to converse. I didn't have Silkie with me but told him about her. He was very impressed with how good the SLK was to drive and was trying to get his dad to buy one.

I told him about the forum and what we get up to, so hopefully he will join up. No cards though cos I wasn't in Silkie and didn't have my wallet or coat with me. I know. Bad form on my part.

Sent from my phone while my back was turned.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,516 Posts
Martin!

I'm shocked.

You are into your gadgets, so you could just send them a business card via the app.
Not at the pump, of course,

Only 55ers do that!

Psst! Don't tell Sarge that I know of such apps. Tech is heresy in the staffroom.

·
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No wallet? tsk tsk
I know, I know. It doesn't help when you're moving house and everything is in store, either.

But I did speak with him and he did repeat my username back to me, so there's a good chance...

He'd said he had been a member of a Porsche forum at a time in his past and had got fed up with that, so telling him about the ethos of SLKWorld was better done in person anyway.

·
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are into your gadgets, so you could just send them a business card via the app.
Joking apart, Myk, that's not a bad idea. I'll look into that and see how we can share an SLKWorld 'card' electronically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts