Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked at Vue in Leicester Meridian last evening and a lovely black '55 plate r172 300 pulled up with big AMG wheels. Plucked up the courage (I was parked next to my son with his Clio) and asked the driver if I could sneak a peek. She could not have been nicer, considering I was a random geezer in a carpark - albeit it with a R171 to hand.

It was lovely, lots of brushed stainless steel inside with a lot more tech than mine!!

She said she had an R171 from new in '05 and was desperately sad to sell it but it was simply too expensive to tax and fuel. Flash forward a few years and she bought the black r172. She adores it, 'not just for the beauty of it' but also because it is' totally different to drive, very economical and lower on tax' Very nice person and very gracious to let me have a look.

I don't know anything about carding etc so I left it at a polite exchange of kindred love for our respective SLK's and off she went to the gym. Off we went to see a movie. If someone can tell me what carding is I'd appreciate it in case I'm mssing out on an SLK Forum lore!:wink:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts