Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells the black hood emblem for the 170? Ebay is nothing but plastic [although they'll tell you it's aluminum].

Should I just get it from the dealer? I'm trying to find the emblem part number in the EPC and it's just not my day.

Thanks

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
what black hood emblem? the flat one? i thought that was blue

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap crap.. double crap.. CRAP..

Just got off the phone with the dealership...

1. all hood emblems are blue
2. all hood emblems are plastic

In the words of the parts department "oh honey you would have to get that aftermarket"

Never mind.. ugh.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
what black hood emblem? the flat one? i thought that was blue
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the black ones were brought out to commemorate the passing (or anniversary of ) of someone closely tied up with MB. But, plenty of after market black ones. They look better on all Mercs - except for blue cars :)

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Where ya been Jayson?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Where ya been Jayson?
I've been studying a lot to get more and more knowledge! But I'm back now!
http://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/120513-missed-yall-so-much.html#post1125785

Yes,

That is the EXACT one, and the exact seller that I just left negative feedback for, and opened a dispute about. Aluminum my ASS.
What happened? It's not metal??? Cheap fake? From the picture it looks of a good quality!

P.S. Happy New Year folks!!!:bannana:

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,952 Posts
Yes,

That is the EXACT one, and the exact seller that I just left negative feedback for, and opened a dispute about. Aluminum my ASS.
Preston's got one sitting here, too. It's way too big, but he didn't pay nearly that, I think it was $14.00.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update: After an ebay dispute, full refund was provided today in exchange for the removal of negative feedback.

+1 for the little guys
0 for the importers of plastic crap

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
isn't the original plastic?? I got one (cars still in shop) that is a metal insert in a plastic backing…but if the original one is too no harm no foul…I don't know yet since my car's still in the body shop-gonna change out the medallion when I gat it back….

1 - 15 of 15 Posts