Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I washed and clayed The Black Adder. Now I obsess over any fingerprint or other marking on the coat, pulling out the microfiber and Maguiars kwik-detailer every 15 minutes.
Now Ive owned 50 shades of grey cars in my life but never a black one.

Question: what is the best coat to show the least amount of fingerprints: Sealant or Wax?

Or should I plan to invest in Maguiars stock?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts
Wax will always show prints so just use the detailer.
I use Turtle wax for BLACK cars because you know I am the Man!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are Super-Fly!

·
92,737 Posts
What's neat is it comes out black. sprays black :D

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Maguiars as a lube when I clay. Will the above work? And do you seal with Klasse after application?

·
92,737 Posts
I have had my car 7 years. I had a professional detailer stop by one day to give me an estimate on his detailing my car. We chatted in front of my car for 10 minutes and then he said. Where is the car you want detailed?
I said, right here. He takes out his clay bar stuff and no dirt came off my car. He said, save your money.

I don't seal with Klasse. I use Klasse polish when I want a better job than my spray detailer or spray wax.
if I were to clay, i would use griot's speed shine
Speed Shine® - Griot's Garage

they can send u a free catalog if you want one

·
Registered
250 Posts
What's neat is it comes out black. sprays black :D
We have a wax / polish here called "Holt's Colour Magic" (it's also black liquid) available for most car colours. It is supposed to be easy to do... apply polish, remove when dry with (LOTS of) buffing, and then do deep polishing thing with a clean polishing cloth till you are happy...
The Merc must be the smallest car I have owned, the first black car.. and three hours to wash and polish till I was happy.. But the polish works like a dream helps hide / remove all small fine scratches and swirls, and if you spend your time on it.... the car really comes up looking like new.. a few beers are recommended afterwards....:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts