Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about where to go with the wheels on my R172...

As I'm spending a lot on exhaust and other bits at the moment I'd rather hold off on swapping out the wheels as 18" seems big enough at the moment with the quality of UK roads, don't want to risk cracking an alloy on the various potholes near me...

The car is obsidian black and will be sitting on lowered suspension in the very near future, so not sure about going up to 19s when that's done either.

My ideas are painted or wrapped wheels in either alpine white, obsidian black to match body, matte black, gunmetal grey or gloss black with silver rim. I think the black alloys would look cool but from experience when you go black it makes the wheels look smaller, the silver rim would hopefully negate this though.

The other option is some cheap replicas off eBay, the originals are one of my favourite alloys out there so would look great IMO; I will post a pic at the end of this post.

In summary, yay or nay; change colour on the current ones (pictured below) or go for a new set. Even if you think a new set would be better I'd still appreciate feedback on colour choices for refreshing the current wheels.

My Wheels:

EBay Wheels:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.