Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the times for me to swap cars with one of my flight nurses. She drove the SLK home to Sparta and I drove her 4 Runner to Salisbury. Coming to work this pm, on Silas Creek Pkwy a Blk/Blk 2002 pulled beside me with the top down. I got his attention and told him of this site. Hope he jumps on soon, said he just got the car. Might be another mountain run participant in the fall? He probably thought I was an idiot, sittin at tha light hollarin like a crazy fool... Hay wait,,, I am an idiot and I was hollarin while sittin at the light...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:DDoug, ya done good, real good. I hope Mr black on black 2002 SLK finds his way here. If I had recently acquired a SLK, I wouldn't want to go it alone.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Of all the times for me to swap cars with one of my flight nurses. She drove the SLK home to Sparta and I drove her 4 Runner to Salisbury. Coming to work this pm, on Silas Creek Pkwy a Blk/Blk 2002 pulled beside me with the top down. I got his attention and told him of this site. Hope he jumps on soon, said he just got the car. Might be another mountain run participant in the fall? He probably thought I was an idiot, sittin at tha light hollarin like a crazy fool... Hay wait,,, I am an idiot and I was hollarin while sittin at the light...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
You kill me..... I think I know your cousin's down near Austin.....
:burnout:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for letting me know about the forum and web site. Not so crazy, and I had just left work and was heading home. The car is new to me and it reminds me of the fun I used to have when I was a few years younger and had a TR-6 with some mods. 230 is much nicer. Only one flaw so far, which is a lack of a useable cup holder for my 34 oz insulated mug. TRied balancing it with one hand, but wound up spilling water on the passenger seat and floor a few times. Anyway, thanks again for saying hello.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hi and welcome. Glad you found your way here via Doug. You've already accomplished something that only a few here have done. That's to meet Doug in person. I met him last Saturday in Roanoke, VA. Good luck with the SLK and most of all, enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, he did call, Welcome aboard sh12313, that is a very pretty car you have. You will find a wealth of info here and some of the best folks in the world. I have them all convinced that I am a total redneck from heck and dumber than dirt so play along and don't tell them Im really a dumb redneck that is dumber than dirt. Lets keep um guessin..:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome sh12313! Glad Doug "ran" into you and told you about this forum. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts