Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(CNN) -- In Florida, one could coin a new term for black bears: Pets. Or maybe: Pests.
Some have gotten into the habit, it seems, of visiting neighborhoods there, and on Thursday, one was literally caught hanging around -- in a Daytona Beach man's hammock.
"He got in the hammock like he was a tourist or something," homeowner Vincent James told CNN affiliate WESH. Usually, James is the one lounging on his back in the white rope mesh hanging between two trees.
The bear enjoyed the respite enough to savor it.
He -- or she -- stayed in the hammock for about 20 minutes, said photographer Rafael Torres, who snapped pictures of the bear from 60 feet away. Torres' presence did not seem to disturb the wild animal's repose.
Residents say the bear has been scrounging for food in the neighborhood since Wednesday, ripping through garbage cans and knocking down bird feeders.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bear with me for a minute - I have a hunch this ain't but a guy in a bear suit. Check the date these pictures were taken, it was either April Fools Day or Halloween. I have it on good authority that 30 minutes before the pics were done the bear was at 7/11 leafing thru a Playboy Magazine drooling over the centerfold and used a debit card to buy donuts. Now I ask you - would a real bear give a hoot about the March centerfold? Did you EVER see a bear use a debit card? There is my proof. So...not to worry, this is not a real bear.............

·
97,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to upload the picture of the bear eating the photographer

·
Registered
163 Posts
I forgot to upload the picture of the bear eating the photographer
First - bears are vegetarians. I read somewhere they are crazy about Tofu. There was no photog meal and the bear was happy with the doughnuts . So forget about the guy in a bear suit.

Here is a real animal wonderment. You can't tell me there is a kid in a doggie outfit, cause no one under 18 is allowed to drive in Flawreeduh. This is the real thing !!!! In fact after he passed me on I-4 doing 85 with a very loud radio and he rudely waved his middle finger. I am still wondering why oh why.

Attachments

·
97,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing new there

·
Registered
163 Posts
Now, here is the fake doggie video although most people have difficulty noticing this is faked. Big difference between these, your dog being growled at and the dog that passed me on I-4.

·
97,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't make me bring out the trunk monkey!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't make me bring out the trunk monkey!
There you go again, trying to pull my leg. btw - the trunk monkey was in fact the young son of the car dealer..............hated bananas.

Now here is another real animal wonderment for your elucidation. Picture was taken at the Pensacola NAS at the annual Blue Angels homecoming, fairly late in the day (notice the dark sky) and was another fine air to air shot by Irving Shmaltz, the famous aerial photographer.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts