Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
* Registered - From UK
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve searched the forum but not had much luck so I’m putting it out there. I’m going to replace my SLK230 badge for one in black lettering along with a black bonnet badge. But what I cant seem to find is a black STAR badge for the boot or the grill? Does anyone know where I could get these from or is it a case of painting my original badges? Thanks

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
4,316 Posts
I bought a replacement boot badge from MB for my boot and sprayed it black. I could not get the original one off in one peice. The grill star I got from Ebay, it is a cover that goes over the original, very good you would never know. I have a 172 so not sure if it would be the same.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
4,316 Posts
I bought a replacement boot badge from MB for my boot and sprayed it black. I could not get the original one off in one peice. The grill star I got from Ebay, it is a cover that goes over the original, very good you would never know. I have a 172 so not sure if it would be the same.

·
* Registered - From UK
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eBay is a good source for black replacement badging. I bought a trunk star emblem from there as well.
Yes I have searched eBay but unfortunately they don’t offer one that fits the R170 model 😩

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK 55 AMG
209 Posts
That’s a great idea! Who did the wrap for you? I did think about this but thought it may be to small and awkward. But you’ve proved me wrong 😜
He did a great job for me, highly recommended (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts