Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Young Aussie
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I came across these sexy wheels featured in pictures of a special addition Mercedes C63 AMG.

I think these wheels would look absolutely fantastic on my obsidian black R171 SLK 200 :biglaugh:

I was wondering if anybody knows if these wheels are available for purchase for a SLK and if so where they might be available from and at what approximate cost.

I have so far been unable to locate anywhere that sells these wheels :(

Regards,

Mick.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
You could buy a set of 18" 16-spoke SLK wheels and have a shop paint them for you. Probably a LOT cheaper than getting a set of these for MB directly.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi

Love them rims ,but you would have to have the brakes re-coloured to match
the Red on the rims .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
163 Posts
My 2-piece AMG wheels. Gunmetal center and red lip and barrel. Powder-coated. $100 per wheel including repairs if needed. Mine did not require repairs.

Attachments

·
Young Aussie
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could buy a set of 18" 16-spoke SLK wheels and have a shop paint them for you. Probably a LOT cheaper than getting a set of these for MB directly.
My detailing shop also recommended that I do this

Hi

Love them rims ,but you would have to have the brakes re-coloured to match
the Red on the rims .

Cheers

Andy
If I went with these wheels I would most certainly get my callipers disassembled and sprayed red :) I considered changing over the callipers but it seems unnecessary and the cost would be quite high.

My 2-piece AMG wheels. Gunmetal center and red lip and barrel. Powder-coated. $100 per wheel including repairs if needed. Mine did not require repairs.
Wow, they have come up really nice and the cost was very reasonable.

These are my favorite. The are Vossen Wheels from the New York Auto Show. They are not available yet. :hail:
Wow, I really like the design of these, I wonder how they would look in black...

or go the cheap way :p.

Wheel Stripe Sticker Decal Installation - YouTube

did it on my motorcycle.
Iv'e heard about these, there's also a similar (possibly a rubber/plastic clip on) option available that offers protection from gutter/curb rash

·
Air Suspension Manager
631 Posts
looks quite nice.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Inspired by this thread, and armed with print-outs of all the pictures in it, especially the original ones posted by Mick, I had my wheels and brakes re-done!!

These are some crappy cell phone pics of the result as I got my car back right around sunset. I'll take better ones tomorrow and post them in my Project Blackout thread.

By the way, the color of the pinstripe looks almost orange in the close-up, but it's the same red as the ///AMG letters on the rim. The calipers are a slightly darker red.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Inspired by this thread, and armed with print-outs of all the pictures in it, especially the original ones posted by Mick, I had my wheels and brakes re-done!!

These are some crappy cell phone pics of the result as I got my car back right around sunset. I'll take better ones tomorrow and post them in my Project Blackout thread.

By the way, the color of the pinstripe looks almost orange in the close-up, but it's the same red as the ///AMG letters on the rim. The calipers are a slightly darker red.
sweet…very sexy…looks OEM too…well played..:bannana:

·
Super Moderator
14,077 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome! I LOVE it!:tu::tu:

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Those are beautiful!!!!!! I am so impressed with the quality of the work as they look brand new and it's a huge improvement to the look of your car. While I think it does make the car look even more aggressive, others have called it "sexy" and I think that is a good description!

Congratulations on another well done modification.

·
Young Aussie
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a great outcome Durk. The result is perfect.

It's been a surprise to see just how much interest there has been from other members who share my taste in wheel colour options.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
That's a great outcome Durk. The result is perfect.

It's been a surprise to see just how much interest there has been from other members who share my taste in wheel colour options.
Yeah. I had wanted to change my wheels from silver to something else that better matched all my other black-out mods. But I kept going back and forth between various options, never finding one that really resonated.

When you posted the satin black wheels with the red highlights I suddenly knew that that's what I wanted. Thanks for providing the inspiration. Now when are you going to do yours?! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts