Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the wet autocross track, I was able to snuff them with my stock '88 Fiero GT on street tires. However, I got a chance at two Audi S4's with my SLK recently.

One, I passed him and dove into the decreasing radius on-ramp of the causeway. I shocked him so bad, he dropped his cell phone and by the time I was on the causeway, I couldn't even see him in my rear-view anymore.

The second one, I got next to on the freeway, tooted the horn then we both blasted off with me leaving him in the dust.

Is it too much to ask to find someone who ownes one of these that can actually drive it? Is every S4 owned by someone permanently attached to their cell phone who can't downshift?

Time to pull over and give the car to someone who will enjoy it! Which really goes for the first one, as his was a cabrio with the top up in 82 degrees...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hand held cell phone use has been made illegal where I live thank God! Heavy fine/points too if caught - same as for imprudent/dangerous driving. For some people, the brain goes off when that thing rings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Too bad half the time I'm too afraid to put the pedal to the metal against other cars. On the freeways especially, cops are absolutely fierce and plentiful. And speeding tickets for just 20 miles over the limit are literally $1000 bucks. I wish I could find somewhere relatively safe and open.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i want to be one of the first people here that is given a free S4!

Tho i must ask, was it the b6 4.2 s4 or the b5 2.7t s4?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Got a buddy with a S4 Stage 3 2.7T, you would not be able to leave in the dust. He gives grief to the Z06's. However, I can believe a normal S4 is easy to dust with your SLK350.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want to be one of the first people here that is given a free S4!

Tho i must ask, was it the b6 4.2 s4 or the b5 2.7t s4?
The 4.2L ones. The Fiero race win might have been against 2.7T if they're the previous model.

It's not a discussion on beating the cars racing, well, the Fiero did that on the track, it was more that I wasn't able to meet up with people who were either driving them or capable of it.

It's like the old man here who drives the Porsche Carrera GT (in old-man silver, of course) at barely 35 MPH and doesn't take the roof off even in 74 degree weather. Brand whores should be made to turn their cars over to enthusiasts!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 4.2L ones. The Fiero race win might have been against 2.7T if they're the previous model.

It's not a discussion on beating the cars racing, well, the Fiero did that on the track, it was more that I wasn't able to meet up with people who were either driving them or capable of it.

It's like the old man here who drives the Porsche Carrera GT (in old-man silver, of course) at barely 35 MPH and doesn't take the roof off even in 74 degree weather. Brand whores should be made to turn their cars over to enthusiasts!
Tell me about it, I used to drive a beat up toyota and once I passed an old geezer in a ferrari in one of the highways in the area. Wasn't going slow, but definitely too timid... pathetic

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
the 4.2's have 340 horsepower outta teh v8, but they weigh alot more. So i would say they are around the same performance lvl as the 350.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts