Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shocks and springs arrived today and hopefully will be installed tommorow morning...i'll let everyone know how it is

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Congrat's, It will be more sportive for sure!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car is dropped like none other in the back but it isn't dropped much in the front, its so low that the wheels are under the body of the car by like 1mm, handling is about the same unfortunately but the car feels alot more solid when its doing its job some one told me it takes a few days for the springs to settle

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its day 2 after the install, car feels alot better now, shocks are less noisy and springs are beginning to settle, noticing improvements in corner entry/ exit speed now :) it should take a grand total of 4 to 5 days for the shocks and springs to settle

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Good to know you are enjoying your car more, I hope those are the correct expectations or things you wanted to achieve?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah w/ the h&r spring and bilstein shock combo the rear of the car is extremely low, and the front is left around stock, the h&r springs drop the front like 1.5 inches but for some reason the bilstein shocks raise the car a little over a inch so you can't really notice a difference over stock in the front. Lots of camber adjustment needed in the rear lol, droppage is a little to extreme.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.