Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I meandered into MB of Rochester to hopefully sit in a new SLK AMG. I was promptly told that they did not have one. The nice salesman looked out side and saw my 280. "What year is your car? I said it was a 2007. At this point, I was ready to go on with my day.

"You have a minute?" He said. He then asked if I wanted to see a new SLS?

DUH! I was then taken into the service area, where there sat a new SLS, just off the truck, and waiting to be delivered in the morning. There were a small crowd of quawkers standing around. I soon joined them in soiling my pants checking out this car. UNFREAKINGBELEIVABLE! It was doing 100 mph sitting there. The sticker was said to be $212,000.00.

They were stating the entire service area rimbled when it was driven in off the truck, and I missed that! What an awesome experience and a sic car. Made my day.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
sweet it is always nice to see a dream car. I am originally from between Rochester and Syracuse, but as my name says I am now stuck in North Carolina.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you know, this was an event for us. Hopefully your enjoying your extended topdown weather to here. I am only here for my career and can't wait to take my topdown show on the road asap.

·
Registered
902 Posts
two black on black here at Fletcher Jones showroom. I was there last week waiting for a car wash on my wife car when the sales man open the top and push the start up engine. It sound like a thunder and shook the showroom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow someone in little Rochester bought that...:)

A lot of car, but a lot of money for what you get.

Bet it sounded great.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, they moved, they are further south in a newer bigger place. John Holtz did some consolidating. when he sold MB, I beleive part of that deal was for the new owners to move into this place, which was John Holtz Hummer...I think. Anyway, that car was amazing.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I know what you mean, I was at the dealers in my 55 after the salesman called me to come in and look at a just delivered sls. It was still dirty from the delivery but a crowd of quawkers as you call them had already collected in the workshop. In seconds I was sold and almost went into a tirade telling folk not to touch the car. The clincher was when I started it up and the exhaust sound echoed round the high ceiling shop. Anyway as you can tell from my avatar it was soon mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.