Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to do anything official here, but just as an FYI, the Big SoCal Euro 2016 is coming up on Labor Day Weekend, at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego.

I plan to be there with my SLK55. There is usually an AMG Private Lounge group that I will probably end up parking with. There are thousands of car to look at (literally) among which will be crazy tuned Italian and German cars (you know the ones).

Here's the official Facebook page for the event, where you can also RSVP if you want:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1649438038672217/

The bottom line is that this event is free and lots of fun. You can also do 1/8 mile drag racing if you want, for which there is a fee I believe. I think Pablo did it a few years back in his M3.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The bottom line is that this event is free and lots of fun. You can also do 1/8 mile drag racing if you want, for which there is a fee I believe. I think Pablo did it a few years back in his M3.
Yes, it was super fun, my only time drag racing since it destroyed the diff on my old Aston at a later time. The M3 had no issues though, but I only had it for 8 months. :|

I'd love to come on down but I'll be away for most of next month. Recommended though!

·
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures! As Jamie ("coopslk") already alluded to, I met him there, with his new 2014 SLK55. Those of you who have been here a few years might remember that Jamie had some seriously bad luck with his 2012 SLK350, so I was surprised but happy to see him back in another SLK. And it is a real beaut!! Here's Jamie with the new beast:

There were quite a few benzes this year. For an event that draws over 3000 cars it is still a very very small minority, but at least there were a few groups that made the drive this time.

Here is my black 55 along with the charcoal 55 belonging to Danny from LABenzUnited:

Attachments

·
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More benzes!

A Renntech S63:

AMG GT and BMW i8:

The CLK55 belonging to Roland from MBJunkies. Getting a new paintjob this year in time for SEMA:

A GLA45:

Respect your elders!

It's a SoCal thang :D

Attachments

·
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now for some non-MB action.

This crazy VW had some kind of ridiculous engine in it:

A nice Shelby Cobra:

Nissan GTR and a Lambo:

This basically proves that the Gallardo and Audi R8 are the same car :D

A nice McLaren advertising a wrap company:

Porsche + BMW:

Liberty Walk style R8:

Ariel Nomad:

And let's not forget the 1000s of general parking people brining their cool rides:

Attachments

·
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were drifting these BMW miniatures:

And one guy was selling everything you might ever need for those miniature cars:

On the 1/8th mile drag strip, this bike did a wheelie while finishing the run:

And this souped up Jeep with a license plate that reads "RIP GTR" was smoking all the other cars on the track:

Not sure if this is a member here, but next up 4 pictures of an SLK32 that handily beat his Mercedes opponent:

Lambo, Beemer, Porsche (in the green) and a Ferrari (in blue):

Polaris Slingshot:

A great day at SoCal Euro 2016!! Hope to see you all next year.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts