Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying them for my 2003 SLK320 car.

From what I read, there is a "glare" issue with not original OEM headlights.
I want to be as close to the original ones in terms of not glaring other drivers and want a kit with the protective shield (That's be removed when moving from low to high beam).

I found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SET-XENON-98-04-MERCEDES-SLK-R170-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a03716a7dQQitemZ180446390909QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any experience? Thoughts?

Thx,
Adi

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have these and they are great. They are the projection lights so don't blind others. But if I were you I would try to get the bulbs to be as close to 4500K as possible. 6000K are a little bluish just so you know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cop,
1. Does they come with one HID projector for low and high beam or do I need 2 pairs of HID such as in Mars Angel-Eyes Projector Head-Light?
2. Do they come with original Philips bulbs?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The high beam is always regular original philips bulbs and the reason for this is that HID bulbs take few seconds to warm up to their full power/light. So you only get low beam HID's. I purchased mine seperately so I didn't have a problem finding the right color temp of the bulbs. Both low and high have the angel eyes and I hooked them up to the parking lights/circuit.

They are huge upgrade and update to the SLK cars....this is only in my opinion of course..

Ski

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw some posts of CCFL. What is it exactly? Kinda same projectot but with LED / Halogan bulb?
Is it better than the HID bulb?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying them for my 2003 SLK320 car.

From what I read, there is a "glare" issue with not original OEM headlights.
I want to be as close to the original ones in terms of not glaring other drivers and want a kit with the protective shield (That's be removed when moving from low to high beam).

I found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SET-XENON-98-04-MERCEDES-SLK-R170-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a03716a7dQQitemZ180446390909QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any experience? Thoughts?

Thx,
Adi

Hello,

Have you made a purchase yet? These look like a pretty good deal I just want to know the quality and brightness difference.

Thank You,
Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased them in black color. Need to get them this week and then ship them to Israel. This takes around 3-4 weeks.
I can keep you posted if you'd like...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still ambivalent here...
I just installed them couple of weeks ago and it seems that sometimes the left side doesn't work. I'm still trying to see what is the problem.
From the view perspective, it looks very nice. I can post a photo or send you via email how it looks. It is really nice looking.
Bear in mind that it blinds other drivers because the xenon bulbs don't have the screening that the original ones have.
I really want to exchange them with the original ones (If someone has them).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know why but I posted a pic this morning but can't see it... Just a dead link...
Do you have a personal email, I can send it over and will be grateful if you can post it for me in the site that others could see.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more thing:
I just noticed that water has entered into my right head light after raining.
It probably hasn't been sealed properly.

·
Registered
843 Posts
adi emailed me a pic of his car to post. Car and headlights looks great IMHO. Thanks for sending. Good luck with the water/seal issue.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.