Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC300
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short tail of woe.

Made enquiries with my local MB distributor about a new R172. Sales gave it large about how he had a fantastic deal for me that I would surely be happy with. Gave me the spec sheet for vehicle and he then endeavoured to get hold of me for the next 3 days in order to seal this fantastic deal.
There was absolutely no negotiation available to lower the price.

On Saturday 9th August, I went to another distributor in the same group that covers the southeast of England, primarily to look at a highly spec'd 2nd hand car.
The sales guy moved the conversation over to the possibility of getting one of their new cars. "Give me some figures I said" once you give me the print out of the specification. Specification provided, same spec'd as the one at the first distributors. I coyly asked him how many red R172 with this spec'd were left in the group. One, he said.....lets talk about the price. After 4 trips back to the manager. (You know the type, sits in the room over looking the show cars like a vulture ready to pounce on a carcass). The sales guy stated that they could sell the car for £8000!!! off the initial price. Something tells me I could squeeze another £1000 possible off the price.

Wow what a difference between two distributors in the same group.

If you are intending to get a new or second hand car out of MB, then please shop around without mentioning that you have been to their other branches.

Good luck.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
when we bought our R171 went to one dealer who said none available with in about 600 miles. went to another dealer, same group, bought one off the lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.