Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,272 Posts
why? because of your lugs?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why? because of your lugs?
Yes Jeff He shows OEM bolts but sends aftermarket ones and then tries to say they are OEM standard bolts and the ones like Woollys and pretty much any Mercedes are none standard. The argues about paying 95 pence to return them to him. I should have steered clear after I read his feedback but he was the only seller showing the proper bolts. We live and learn but I dont want to see others buying bolts thinking the are getting OEM

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
I would dispute it both with Ebay and PayPal. You don't remind me of the kind of guy that will take that hogwash lying down!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have raised a case with Ebay but by experience they wont do anything. He is a power seller and they earn lots of money off him. I have been an ebay seller/buyer since 1999 but that wont cut any ice with them

·
3,419 Posts
Did you pay with PayPal? If so, what about them?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paypal is owned by Ebay and they just refer you to Ebays resolution centre which is totally computerised. I am going to stop buying on eBay its a crooks paradise these days

·
3,419 Posts
Paypal is owned by Ebay and they just refer you to Ebays resolution centre which is totally computerised. I am going to stop buying on eBay its a crooks paradise these days
I've disputed with PayPal before and had successful results once proved wrong. Having said that, the only time I will buy on Ebay is when I find an INCREDIBLE deal or for an item that I can't find anywhere else. In fact, that is my entire policy when it comes to e-commerce period. Providing price is competitive when taking customer service into consideration, I would much rather deal with a real person at a brick and mortar store rather than buy things from a "virtual" source. I am a retailer with four locations. In many ways, the internet is the devil. It makes it so difficult today because for the most part consumers just don't get it and frankly are often stupid! When it comes to my products you will usually pay MORE on line than you will in my stores, or you will be buying a "look-alike" inferior product. Today's consumer has so many choices a really gets confused. They don't compare apples to apples and the internet has diluted everything when it comes to purchasing. Not to mention, the manufacturers don't have much loyalty either. Anymore, a manufacturer will sell just about everyone!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he has to refund me now as he has agreed in writing so failure to do so will put his ebay business in trouble. He knows he is in the wrong. He could find himself on the wrong side of Trading Standards if he isnt very careful I make a very very bad enemy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts