Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some luck with the European NANO Wheel Cleaner, thought I'd try the U.S. NANOWAX I've seen while buying my Turtle Jet Black Spray Wax.

What the heck, was pretty cheap on sale, says Superior Nanowax Unbeatable Shine and Water Repellency. Claims to have nano-sized carnauba wax particles that fill microscopic scratches and creates a more perfect surface.

It's a spay, sprayed it on, wiped it off, could not get it even, showed hand prints anywhere I started or left off. Ended up having to do full panel serpentine which looked like it would be ok. Should have realized something was wrong as the stuff was sticky on my hands, like laying down a coat of shellac.

Next day I go to detail with the Turtle Jet Black Spray Wax only to find it won't take nice on the Nano Wax, just horrible effect no matter how many ways I try. End up having to go over the entire car with Turtle Jet Black Polish to get the Nano Wax off.

So much for Wax Science.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It's the fake science part that gets ya. There are some great newer waxes (sealants usually) out there. Klasse in the silver bottle lasts 6 - 12 months and is great stuff.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It's the fake science part that gets ya. There are some great newer waxes (sealants usually) out there. Klasse in the silver bottle lasts 6 - 12 months and is great stuff.
Klasse = Carlack . Ive been using it for a while now and a little goes a long way plus, it is easy to apply and remove and the durability is good.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Klasse = Carlack . Ive been using it for a while now and a little goes a long way plus, it is easy to apply and remove and the durability is good.
Note that there are different versions. The red bottle is the all-in-one that has been around forever. The silver bottle is the newer one and is even better.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Note that there are different versions. The red bottle is the all-in-one that has been around forever. The silver bottle is the newer one and is even better.
Yep 'Carlack Complete 68' = "All in One", is the abrasive free polish and 'Carlack Long Life' is a sealant. They have also added the "Excellence" range with carnauba in the product.

From a (UK) supplier web page about Carlack

Please note that CarLack68 Systematic Care is equivalent to Klasse AIO or Wekstatt prime. CarLack Long Life Sealant ’Acryl Wax’ is equivalent to Klasse SG and Wekstatt Acrylic Prime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts