Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is useful, I compiled this list back in Sep 2015 (for profiles 225/40/R18 and 245/35/R18) when I was looking for a new set of tires.

The ratings below are based on EU labelling, which are: Fuel Efficiency; Wet Performance; and Noise for above profiles respectively.

My SLK350 came with P Zeros from factory (lasted 45,000 km), my 2nd set was P Zeros as well (lasted 47,000 km), currently on my 3rd set, the Sport Maxx RT (done 43,000km and worn down to 1mm to 3mm mark, time for a change).

I do like the Dunlops, they're indeed quieter, and the softer rubbers feel more cushioned and comfortable over the P Zeros. I do get slightly better mileage, about 30km more for every fill up, I think it has a stiffer belt over the Pirellis. I haven't tried the 2016 P Zeros though and I think they are on a softer compound as well.

What's your preference and what's really working well for you?

P Zero
E A 72, F A 72

ContiSportContact 5
C B 72, C B 72

Pilot Super Sport
F A 71, E B 71

Pilot Sport 2
E A 70, E A 70

Sport Maxx RT
B A 69, C A 68

·
Registered NO SLK but an SL 550
285 Posts
Just replaced my OEM Conti tires on a BMW coupe. Switched to Bridgestone DriveGuard RFTs. Great tire. Much quieter and a more comfortable ride. If you're not looking for max performance I would recommend the Bridgestones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.