Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for my '05 c230 kompressor sedan, but I'm sure it applies to you folks' bulbs too.

The problem? Stock ones are still a bit yellowish and everytime a modded Subaru impreza passes by, their lights flood mine out making mine look like halogens.

Not looking for an entire aftermarket HID kit - just bulbs.

Got some ebay ones for my sister's mini cooper and they're awesome. Whiter, brighter. Perfect, but the quality control sucks. Purchased another set for my benz and it was crud. 6000k looked 8000k and was super dim. I realize the light output gets lower as you go higher in kelvin, but this was ridiculous. At times, I literally had to check to be sure my headlights were on at night. If I didn't live in the City, the bulbs would be a safety hazard.

So who's got some bulbs to recommend? Looking for something that will flood the ground wider, brighter. Read some stuff on DD Tuning, iJDMtoy, Xenon Depot, and Retrofit resource, but wondering what you guys are using.

One of you must know, "Oh yeah, just get ______." Care to enlighten me? Budget is $50 a pair unless it's ridiculously awesome in which case yes, I guess I'd pay $100.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had ok luck with these:
2005 SLK350

MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 6000K (1 Pair, Diamond White)

I did see a notable difference between stock (or what I believe was stuck), the first month I changed, But now 2 + years later, I think they are fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you response! I'm doing my research now...

...curious if you know if the Maxlux bulbs are 35w or 55w. The website didn't say and i'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer. If you already know, please post. Since my system is already 55w, i'd hate to go down to 35w. Morimoto's for sure have a 55w version which I'd gladly go with if the Maxlux's aren't up to that wattage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, ended up going with the Retrofitresource's Morimoto XB35's due to them being 55w vs the Maxlux ones which are only 35w. Picked the 5000k for best balance of color and light output.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FYI, ended up going with the Retrofitresource's Morimoto XB35Ms due to them being 55w vs the Maxlux ones which are only 35w. Picked the 5000k for best balance of color and light output.
How Is your experience with the 55w bulbs? Do you have a website i can order from. My headlights are way too yellow and I would like a whiter ccolor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts