Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which have the best hater comments you get when you're seen on your SLK? I've gotten some "Oh I told you to take car and wash and you still haven't returned it" and "I let you borrow my car when are you going to return it!" and there was one that was not so bad just like a compliment, I'm getting out of my car and a guy goes "Hey do you wanna trade?" while he was standing beside his beat up early 90s Corolla. I honestly don't know how to react, I just look at them weirdly and go.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
my car is better then yours from a guy in a F430 :(

*edit* not really a haters comment though that I think about it lol..

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
my car is better then yours from a guy in a F430 :(

*edit* not really a haters comment though that I think about it lol..
Not if he wants to fold the roof down. Unless the F430 is a spider, but then it's a rag-top. Still inferior in a major aspect to the SLK.....:butt:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I've heard, 'oh SLKs are alright, but they're a bit girlie'.

This is usually from someone driving a Caterham or an Elise who then have to ask someone else to do the shopping or are deaf and totally siezed up after driving for 100 miles...

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
"SL-GAY", guy with a Shelby GT500
The Shelby GT500 is a great car no doubt. Definately more muscle than my SLK200.

The fitness centres/gyms are full of gay guys pumping iron to make bigger muscles.

Big muscles does not necessarily = straight..... :biglaugh:

Plus I'd like to see him keep up with an SLK55 in anything other than a drag race.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Best one i've heard is someone saying a 55 amg is a hairdresser's car.

This coming from someone who has a 77cc crotchrocket (so called bike) and a ford fiesta hahaha.

·
Registered
944 Posts
on my r171 amg i get this comment: "pfft this is built on chrysler crossfire chassis"

I guess its true for r170's.
Wrong.
R170 came in 1996.
Crossfire came as a consept car in 2001 and was put in production in 2004.

The Crossfire shares 40% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Crossfire#cite_note-5of its components with other Mercedes models. The chassis is a combination of a modified C-class engine compartment, pre-2003 SLK Platform, S-Class rear linkages and new stampings for the side rails and rear.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I took my daughter to a school dance a few weeks ago. As we were leaving there were a few people checking out the SLK (I live in rural Alberta. So not too many people get to see sports cars up close.) A woman came up to get into the passenger side of a truck beside me stopped and said.

"Nice car..... for a girl"

I probably coulda made a half dozen comments back at her. *Shrugs*, but why??

·
Registered
940 Posts
hmmm hater comments... ive gotten the girly ones once or twice, but from friends just joking around who actually like my car.

Ive gotten the my 350Z has more HP then you're car.... ok big deal...

A female friend of mine "complemented" my car by saying... "Ooooo I didn't notice the front was shape like a star, thats cute!!!"

Overall, far more positive comments then negative!

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Shelby GT500 is a great car no doubt. Definately more muscle than my SLK200.

Plus I'd like to see him keep up with an SLK55 in anything other than a drag race.
I'd like to see him keep up in drag! Period. Maybe he needs a dancing Banana. <Devilish grin>

·
Registered
188 Posts
I get more compliments from the guys (on the car).

The odd thing is, every time a guy is sitting in the pax seat, and the speedo (as in gage) hits around 100, I hear a squeal from their side of the car.

Talk about "girlie"! Yeah...its a "girlie car" all right!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Come to think of it I had a woman come up to the car last week. She was really excited and she said...

" Is that a G6?!?! OMG! Is it?!?" I said "Sorry, it's only an SLK" and she was like "oh... too bad. It's a nice car though".

Not really a hater comment but I wasn't sure if I should be insulted or not. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.