Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Depends on the roads and conditions! Top one, though has to be "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar - cheesy, I know, but it does set the mood.

Second is prolly "Sympathy for the Devil" from The Stones (Beggers Banquet).

A
fter that it's pretty much a toss up for the mood I'm in - I'm absolutely an 80's fan, but with *very* mixed tastes. We spent into the wee hours of New Years with good food, good drink, and great friends all around the media center with Spotify jammin' out to all the classics from the 80's! :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts
radar love of course

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
17,968 Posts
Right now it is: I got a feeling, by The black eyed peas. But just about any song with an up tempo if I am in the mood to drive fast. And in the SLK I normaly am.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Depends on the roads and conditions! Top one, though has to be "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar - cheesy, I know, but it does set the mood.

Second is prolly "Sympathy for the Devil" from The Stones (Beggers Banquet).

A
fter that it's pretty much a toss up for the mood I'm in - I'm absolutely an 80's fan, but with *very* mixed tastes. We spent into the wee hours of New Years with good food, good drink, and great friends all around the media center with Spotify jammin' out to all the classics from the 80's! :)
I'll second 'I can't drive 55' and add AC/DC 'Back in Black'.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Although I prefere the music from great old crooners, big orchestras and movie soundtracks, here are two pop ones:

Robbie Williams Me and my monkey

Groove Jet (If This Ain't Love) - Spiller

·
Registered
533 Posts
Radar Love is a classic.

Don't know if we have any early Top Gear Viewers but in Season 06 (2005) they did the best driving songs. In fact in the episode where they do the SLK 55 AMG and Boxster S - They play Radar Love.

I generally listen to anything up beat. I have a very eclectic taste in music. Depends on the mood. With my ipod, 6 mp3 / cd changer, dvd mp3 disc I'm sorted for music :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am shocked nobody mentioned Steppenwould born to be wild. :)
But I imagine like most here it varies a great deal on the type of driving I am doing. If its spirited twisty driving its dance/techno (tiesto, ministry of sound, etc.) or if its a mellow drive up the coast it could be old blue eyes, Sarah Brightman, or maybe Jack Johnson.
I have to say the ipod connection for the radio sure makes it easy to carry a huge variety and switch moods easily!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Sixties, seventies and eighties music on satellite radio. One song, Hold on, I'm coming by Sam & Dave is great for top down driving. I like Cher, Elvis, the Beatles, and the list goes on and on. I like the older music.

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/19124147467

Click on the link above and add your favorite song to the "SLK Top Down" playlist. Search by song or artist.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If I am on the Highway and I feel like speeding and passing everyone else....

I either hit the soundtrack "Danger Zone" from the movie Top G.U.N. and hope no Cop are around R) or "Eastbound and Down" from the movie BANDIT. And all I say is " Bye Bye B-a-b-y "
I would say those are my speeding songs.

Otherwise Bon Jovi is on my top list, some country songs, hip hop etc....
I listen to Satellite Radio alot....

even though there is no music, I listen to Howard Stern on longer trips 85% of the time:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
If I am on the Highway and I feel like speeding and passing everyone else....

I either hit the soundtrack "Danger Zone" from the movie Top G.U.N. and hope no Cop are around R) or "Eastbound and Down" from the movie BANDIT. And all I say is " Bye Bye B-a-b-y "
I would say those are my speeding songs.

Otherwise Bon Jovi is on my top list, some country songs, hip hop etc....
I listen to Satellite Radio alot....

even though there is no music, I listen to Howard Stern on longer trips 85% of the time:D
Nice call on eastbound and down - just added one to my traveling list!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts
1 - 20 of 284 Posts