Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm prepping for my forthcoming UK roadtrip and of course I'm getting in the zone watching my all time fav 'Vanishing Point'. Saw this movie when it first came out long before I ever dreamed of owning V8 muscle. Other films include Easy Rider, Italian Job, Ronin & Bourne's etc but that whole Challenger R/T thing?

Maya via Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Steve McQueen ............. Bullett.
Ansel Elgort....................Baby Driver
Gone in sixty seconds
Ryan Gosling ..................Drive

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Here are some movies that feature Mercedes in it.

Click here for MB,s:wink:

https://www.complex.com/sports/2012/12/the-25-coolest-mercedes-benzes-in-movies/1969-280-se-convertible-w111-2

https://www.ranker.com/list/all-car-movies-or-list-of-car-movies/all-genre-movies-lists

I am a big fan of the Italian Job because I can related to the cars and the places they filmed it since I grew up with them cars and have seen most of the places in the Italian Job Also love the driving scenes in the Graduate with the Alfa Spider round tail.

Of course the old original Mad Max are sweet too.

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Nope, all of you have missed the best. The Blues Brothers.
Have to agree on this one:wink:
Does it still hold the record for the largest amount of police cars wrecked in a movie?

No one has mentioned the fast and the furious.......the only car movies where 10 second races last 5 minutes and the airfield runways are 35 miles long>:D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who remembers Monte Carlo or Bust. Terry Thomas, Tony Curtis, Pete & Dud. A very silly but fun movie with some cutting edge car technology (not) for its day.

Maya via Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Who remembers Monte Carlo or Bust. Terry Thomas, Tony Curtis, Pete & Dud. A very silly but fun movie with some cutting edge car technology (not) for its day.

Maya via Tapatalk
Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies, have it on DVD. Susan Hampshire, what a babe. Also Drive Angry, Gumball Rally, Vanishing Point(the original).

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Two Lane Blacktop
Christine
The Car
Convoy .. ok not strictly a car movie but still one of the best :tu:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry
The Fast & The Furious (first is best, all are pretty good)
Thunder Road
The Italian Job (American version)
Smokey & The Bandit
The Driver

·
6007.us
2,608 Posts
Have been collecting car movies since VHS and for many I have to say "which one". Most now on DVD
The Fast and the Furious - Roger Corman version with Jags.
Italian Job - Michael Caine
Racers
Big Wheel - midget movie
Grand Prix
LeMans
Gumball Rally - 300SL. XKE was often cut.
Vanishing Point with Charlotte Rampling scene & Lady Godiva motorcyclist.
Anything by Toby Halecki. Have original soundtrack "Gone In 60 Seconds". "Slicer" was recreated in one of the F&F series.
Speed
Driven esp. Sly picking up quarters
To please a Lady
Smokey and the Bandit - Pursuit Pack

·
Registered
302 Posts
To be fair , gumball rally is the most appropriate movie to watch before a road trip .
Most of the others suggested I'd be watching before committing a robbery !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts