Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well kids it just hit me tonight. The best drive for me is from Phx to Quartzside to Parker from Parker to Needles hit i 40 go west wide open towards Barstow and stop at the Bagdad Cafe. Make shure you stop at the Cafe put your name in the book and refresh yourself. Bagdad Cafe is a cult movie. People from around the world come to the place just to sign the book Here is the link to the movie from you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsbZVEn6KCg&feature=related

This is the best drive for me open winding roads the Desert topdown and all the stars in the world no lights from the city and 60 miles west of Needles you can open the throttle and let it go. 2 things you need water and a Cb radio tune it to Ch 19 and listen to the Bullhaulers. If you dont have a Cb just watch the lead truck. Stay between the Trucks and you will be fine just don,t haul ass in the left lane because the have 5 unmarked cars to take your Dollar between Barstow and Needles. And pls dont be suprised if you go 90mph and a shinny Peterbilt will pass you. So here you have it my fav. drive. The girlfriend hates it my Basset luv it. Guess what my hounds are ready for another late night run.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I agree the desert is beautiful and has some really great roads. Used to work in the high Mojave...what a place! Thanks for the post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts