Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know from fellow SLK owners what colour their model is and why they chose it? I am yet to get one and would like a Mystic Blue one or white.....in fact any colour but black.......

·
Registered--In between SLK's
14,714 Posts
Hi,

I've always loved blue cars, my Audi before my slk was blue and when i saw a blue slk i fell in love with the colour, i found it quite hard to get the right colour and interior spec but had to sacrifice on the engine size

Glad i did but darker cars are harder to keep looking there best
best of luck!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,803 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
ahhhhh, the trusty search feature of the forum!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,498 Posts
Red is my favorite, but white is special. Black and Dark Blue really reflect well. I like Silver, but it seems like there's just too many of them. What I'd like is a White Pearlescent/sparkle paint on the the Dawg! I have the Calcite White paint on the Dawg currently.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Our 06 350 was our first MB...so we were drawn to Iridium/grey...but we really wanted the "wow" of a different colour for the interior. The first SLK we ever drove was white/red and we fell in love with the red interior.

The 05 intro edition came in a slightly darker pewter with a tobacco leather interior (sorry, I should know the "proper" names...) and it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Color choice on cars nowadays are getting pretty boring to say the least. Between black, white and 50 variation of grey you cannot really talk about color choice anymore but rather of shades or tones variation.

Just have a look at the color panel of a late 60s Mustang where all this choice gone?

That said metallic grey is the way to go for a Merc.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
Any color but Black?
Well we black SLK owners don't want you to choose black.
If it's good enough for Batman, it's good enough for us.
Driver indications: Emotionally steady, elegant
Popularity: Used by 19 percent of population.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
310 Posts
Just stepped out to lunch and saw a black slk200 on the other side of the road, pulling away from the curb coming towards me. It's a bright sunny day, so it stunningly shiny. But the car is more a blur and only the details like the driver and the wheels are distinctive.
Don't get me wrong, I like black, but I do tend to use it to hide things.

Sorry for the hijack :hijacked:

Palladium Silver(grey), stands out like dogs b....s, you see every line of the shapely beauties.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have iridium silver and love the color. This is my 2nd silver/grey car and I chose this color because I wanted to blend in. It does that pretty well even as an ///AMG. If I was to do it over I'd have Mars Red. The 55 is absolutely stunning in Mars Red.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,496 Posts
My first color choice was white, second was black. I was adamant against silver because we have 2 other cars that are silver and they are both unattractive.

When I saw Sweet Pea sitting in the lot with the chrome added like the roll bars, etc., only then did I consider silver. The price, condition, mileage and the fact that I had very limited transportation for 6 months was the deciding factor plus my old van was silver (YUCK). Now I would never give her up, just buy a another one!

By seeing everyone's gorgeous SLKs in every color on the forum, it would be tough to pinpoint one specific color. I think it would all boil down to the engine size and mods that were lovingly added like wheels, lights, etc..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Bought ours used, so color was a secondary requirement; the manual transmission requirement was the gating factor. We ended up with 723 Pewter (Cubanitsilver), a silvery gray with tan undertones. Since it has had the misfortune of having been driven over wet roads recently it is dirty right now but barely shows it...far less than our Brilliant Silver C230 Kompressor or our Metallic Gray Jetta TDI. While I love silver, it does seem that about every third or fourth car on the road is that color. The Pewter is a kind of in-between shade that both stands out a little more yet doesn't scream "Sports Car; Please Ticket Me!"

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
For me... Benitoite Blue Metallic. Simply awesome.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,658 Posts
White, Blue or Red

But it's so subjective. I hate black because it's so difficult to get really clean and in the UK silver is well, just bright grey! :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.